Prologue || Saying Goodbye

Elizabeth's POV

I wake up to packing and shuffling. As I wipe the sleep out of my eyes I hear my mom begging for him to stop. I rush towards my door to see what's going on. I open my door to reveal my dad carrying suitcases out the front door. When he sees me he stops dead in his tracks and his face turns cold.

"Elizabeth, go back to bed." He says through gritted teeth.

"Why are you packing?"

"Elizabeth, your dad is leaving us. Apparently he has a new wife in America." My mom speaks calmly, obviously not trying not to scare me.

"What the fuck is going on?" I try to say as tears roll down my face. I run into my room and immediately call the only number I know by heart. Before I can speak he starts talking really quickly.

"Hey love, I have great news!" Ashton speaks through the phone happily.

"Hey, Ash. I-I-I, Can you just come over, please?" I try to say through my tears.

"Lizzy, what's wrong?? I'm on my way."

I just hang up the phone, and before I know it I hear him pull into my driveway rather quickly.

"Lizzy-"

"My dad is leaving, Ashton. He's leaving us for some tramp in America. I just woke up and he's fucking leaving me!"

"Come here love." Ash speaks as he tries to take me into his arms.

A while later, after I have cried myself to sleep, I awake to find Ashton laying beside me wide awake.

"Are you okay, Lizzy?"

"I'll be fine... I just need something to get this shit off of my mind. Hey, what was your good news?"

"Well, uh... The lads and I have been invited to open for One Direction on their upcoming tour."

"But... wouldn't you have to leave?

"Well, uh... yeah. Yeah, I'd have to leave Lizzy."

"What? Now you're going to leave me too? Thanks, Ash."

"What? Lizzy, you can't blame me for this. I can't help this has come up at the worst possible time but I can't just let the boys down."

"Well I can't do long distance, Ashton. We seen how that worked out for my parents."

"You mean you want to... break up?"

"It's either them or me, Ashton. I love the lads, we're all family, but I need you right now... please Ash."

"Lizzy, that's not fair. You know I have to go... I'm sorry..."

"Whatever Ashton. Go ahead, leave me too. I guess these past 2 years haven't been enough for you!"

"Lizzy, you know it isn't like that. I'm sorry, you know I love you! But this is the break we have been waiting for."

"Goodbye, Ashton." I say as I push him out of my bedroom and lock the door.

"Lizzy! Please, listen to me!"

And that's all I hear for the next 15 minutes before the sniffling begins, and then I finally hear him leave. I watch him drive away and I whisper "goodbye." Even though I know he can't hear me. And then that's when I start to sob.

A/N

SORRY WE'RE TIRED AND THIS PROLOGUE KIND OF SUCKS BUT PLEASE KEEP READING BECAUSE IT WILL GET BETTER WE PROMISE!

IT'S OKAY IF YOU KIND OF HATE ELIZABETH RIGHT NOW, WE DO TOO.

LOVE YA GUYS

STAY RAD READING. XX