Chapter 4 || Close As Strangers

Ashton's POV

I told myself I wasn't going to do this. I told myself that the past is the past. But where am I now? I'm on my way to her house after 2 years of not seeing her.

When I get in her driveway, memories of the times we had in that house flood my mind. I think of turning around but I quickly decide I have to do this.

Walking up her steps, thoughts race through my mind and before I know it, I'm knocking on her door.

"Hel­ Oh, um Ashton. Hi," Lizzy says turning her head away.

"Li­- um Elizabeth. How are you doing?"

"I'm doing good, you?"

"Good, yeah."

"Ashton, I'm not trying to be rude, but why are you here?"

I didn't want to just come out and say why I was here but I couldn't think of a good excuse.

"Lizzy, listen I­-"

"Ashton," she turned her head and looked me straight in the eye, "don't."

I couldn't help but notice a very light blue circle around her eye. At first I wasn't going to say anything about it but I just couldn't let it go.

Even though she and I aren't together anymore doesn't mean I don't care for her.

"Um, Elizabeth, what happened to your eye? I can't help but notice it."

She seemed to tense up when I mentioned it and quickly said "It's nothing, Ashton. I really have to go."

She was about to close the door when I stopped her. I looked her in the eyes and saw hurt and confusion.

"Elizabeth, please tell me. You know me, you know who I am. Trust me."

She looked down and then back at me, "I don't trust strangers." Then she closed the door.

I turned around and walked away from her door. Anger flooded my body. I knew what was going on, and I had no way to stop it.

A/N
We are super duper sorry we haven't updated in like forever and a day. School has just been hella crazy.

We promise never to make y'all wait this long again.

Thanks for reading and stuff, you rock.

Tell your friends and pets about our story and we'll love you forever

Stay Rad xx