Chapter 9 ll What The Hell?

Elizabeth's POV

After seeing Ashton on the beach, I decide to just head home. The whole walk back to my house consisted of me fighting with myself about whether or not I was too bitchy.

He has to give me some credit, it's been practically forever since we've seen each other. I'm not the same stupid little girl I was back then. I've had to grow up a lot, and I had to do it all without him.

It's so hard to be pissed off at Ash when I see him give me that look. That look like I am the only girl in the world, and that I am the only person his eyes can see.

When he gives me that look, the butterflies in my stomach do cartwhweels. And him wearing that bandana all the time lately doesn't help either. Ashton has always been a cutie, but he's downright hot now.

Maybe I was too hard on him, I know he is really sorry. But we can't be friends. Zach woud kill me, literally.

Ashton can never find out that Zach gets physical with me. He would only make the situation that I currently have under control, worse.

I'm too busy thinking to myself as I walk up to my house to see Zach's car. I walk straight into my house, noticing the door was unlocked. Weird. My mom isn't home, that's for sure.

"Where have you been?" someone screams at me rather harshly.

"Zach, what are you doing here?" I realize these are the wrong choice of words as a hard smack to my left cheek comes out of nowhere.

"I asked you a question, Elizabeth."

"I was just at a party down by the beach..."

"Was he there?"

"Who is he?"

"Do not play dumb with me, you little whore. Was Aaron there or not?"

"Ashton? Y-yes, Ashton, was there."

"I don't give a rat's ass what his name is! What the hell were you doing at a party with him?"

"Once I realized he was there, I left. I swear."

"I don't trust you."

"Why not? I have never done anything to make you not trust me. If you can't trust me then we shouldn't be together."

"Elizabeth! That is so cute!" He screams as he grabs me by the throat and pushes me against the wall. As he's holding me so tight I can barely breathe, he whispers something in my ear I will never forget.

"The only way you can escape me, is death. Take your pick, sweetie."

And after moments of silence, he releases me from the wall and leaves, without another word.

___________________________________________________________________________

I sit in the floor of my livingroom for a good hour, just rocking myself back and forth. I can't let this monster control me. That's what he is- a monster.

He doesn't love me anymore, maybe he never even did. I don't know. But what I do know is that I am not happy. I will never be happy as long as I am with Zach.

But how do I get away? He didn't stutter when he threatened to kill me. I can't let him take my life away.

I can't become my mother. I start to ask myself "When was the last time I was truly happy?" and then I realize, happiness lives 10 houses down from me.

He has dimples, and extremely curly hair. He's the only one who has truly loved me, ever. I miss him. I want him. And before I can tell myself no, I am already walking out of the door towards happiness. Toward home.

a/n

O freakin k.

Zach is such a dick

Love you guys

Stay Rad xx