Chapter 7

Once again, Emma was confused and unsure as to what to do, if she did not return August to Boston then her company would lose a lot of money, and no one will be held accountable for all the fraudulent misdeeds this man is charged with. But how could she send him back looking like a wooden puppet and who would believe her if she were to share everything she had learned while being in this town, no one.

Glancing at Regina, Emma knew what she was about to do went against all of her ethics but she was not willing to let go of what has come into her life overnight.

"Okay, August, I guess it's your lucky day. I won't take you in, right now. I'll tell them that you're not here and couldn't be found. You hurt a plethora of people and left some bankrupt. Are you going to continue turning to wood or can you stop it?"

"When the curse breaks then my body should return to its human form."

"Mr. Booth, do you know how she can break the curse?"

"Why would you want her to know that? So that you can stop her?" He asked warily.

Emma glared at Booth and was about to respond before Regina spoke up.

"Of course not. I realize everyone will want my head on a pike when the curse is broken but I've changed, Henry helped me change, I finally know what love feels like again and if I could break the curse then I would. Everyone deserves their happy ending."

"You're the Evil Queen, you expect me to believe that drabble coming out of your mouth?" He snickered.

"Watch your mouth peg leg or I will chop you down to size!" Emma threatened. "You call her by that epithet again and I will make sure crawling on your ass will be in your future."

"Miss Swan, no need for dramatics, I know what everyone thinks of me and nothing I do will ever change their minds." Regina smiled sadly.

"Well, I can tell you right now, that's going to change and as long as I'm here no one will threaten or hurt you." Emma murmured before hugging Regina.

"Thank you, Emma."

"Always." She replied before readdressing August. "So, how do we break this curse?"

"True loves kiss, of course, how else."

Emma laughed, oh this is just great she thought now I have to find my true love and kiss them.

"Of course. Let's go, Regina. I'm sure I'll see you again Mr. Booth." Emma walked out.

The two women found themselves in a booth at the back of Granny's waiting for Maleficent's arrival. They have yet to speak since departing from Marco's, both wrapped in thoughts of true love's kiss.

"So, what's going on with you two? By the looks of things some shit is about to go down." Ruby interrupted their thoughts.

"Miss Lucas." Regina smiled. "Can I have a kale salad and coffee please."

"Sure, and you Emma?"

"Grilled cheese and coke please."

"Right, I'll get onto that right after you start telling me what is going on with you two? You walked in, went straight to the booth and sat in utter silence for five minutes. What's going on?"

"Miss Lucas, don't you think you should mind your own business?" Regina asked.

"Well... yeah but Regina." The young woman protested.

"No. I believe we gave you our order, now if you don't mind, we have business to attend to." Regina scolded as Ruby stormed away from the booth.

"You didn't need to be so harsh Regina," Emma mumbled.