Chapter Thirteen

Granny! Are you okay? Regina was worried because you haven't been out front since she arrived." Emma asked the elderly werewolf that was busy cooking pancakes.

"Of course, child. I thought I would prepare breakfast for her to take home and feed my blossoming family." Granny smiled hoping Emma didn't pick up on her slight of deceit. She did see Regina enter and purposely remained in the back. After serving the stranger her coffee, Granny knew she had to take a moment to ingest the newfound knowledge she received by serving the stranger otherwise she would have regretted what could have happened.

"Well, thank you, Granny. Are you sure you're okay though?"

"I am. Now here, take all this food and go and feed my great-grandson, he is a growing dragon wolf, you know." She smiled before shooing Emma out of her kitchen.

Emma shook her head in surprise at being pushed out of the kitchen. "Okay, okay, Granny, I'm going. Geeze." She mumbled before walking out and taking note of the brunette woman standing beside the booth, she left only minutes ago. With a frown, she walked up to stand beside Regina who was still seated.

"Are you ready to go babe?" The blonde asked.

"Oh, darling. This woman just told me that she is looking for Emma Swan." Regina imparted with a slight frown.

"Yes, yes, I am. Do you know how I can find her?"

"What's your business with Emma?" Emma asked warily.

"Well, that's for her and me to discuss." The stranger deadpanned. "If you're not going to tell me where she is then I will leave you to it."

By that moment, Granny had returned to the front of the diner and heard what was being said.

"You two cut it out, and tell her the truth." She ordered.

"Granny... Emma doesn't want trouble." Regina replied while looking sideways at the newcomer.

"Huh? Trouble? Emma will be happy... well, I hope she will be, that's what I was told anyway. She will be happy to see me." The stranger informed the group as she rolled up her sleeves on her long-sleeved shirt.

A flash of color on her wrist attracted Emma's attention and with a glimpse of hope, she reached out and turned the woman's hand to look at her wrist. She gasped in surprise at what she found.

"Lily?" She whispered

Snatching her arm away the brunette looked up to the jade colored eyes that were now fixed on her. "How do you know my name?"

"Lily, it's me, Emma."

Lily frowned before she pulled Emma forward and turned her head to where she knew was a tattoo of a blue flame. Gasping in surprise, tears formed in her eyes ready to cascade down her cheeks.

"Emma... oh my god, Emma!" She screamed as she hugged her oldest and dearest friend, her friend she had not seen since they were young.

"How the hell did you know to come here? I was getting ready to go find you." Emma asked into Lily's ear, arms still held tightly around her sister.

"A lady named Cheryl found me on the outskirts of Boston." Lily started to explain.

"Well, that will explain the call this morning from her, she told me to expect the information she found on you today."

"Yeah, she told me you were looking for me. She was lucky to have found me because I had changed my name but she was run off the road by a wolf and stopped into the diner I worked at. She just happened to see my tattoo and asked if I were Lily. She gave me the coordinates to this place and here I am. Are you happy I'm here Emma?" Wiping the tears from her eyes she pulled back from the hug to look at her friend. "I'm so sorry for what I did to you and your foster family, Emma. I didn't mean to get you kicked out. I hope you forgive me. You were the only light in my life, Emma. Please." She cried.