Chapter Sixteen

"Damn!" Starla whispered when her eyes locked with bright blue eyes across the room. She licked her lips unconsciously as her gaze slowly inched lower to appreciate the body of the redheaded beauty, ignoring the words that were flying across the room from her sister-in-law.

"A sister?" Regina snarked. "Well, at least you weren't introducing me to a long-lost love who was my real father." She sarcastically retorted as she looked at her mother with disdain. "And how the hell do I have a sister that I have never heard of before, mother?" She was not happy, not happy at all, actually, she was seething. "I would have given anything to have a sibling and not once did you let us meet until now, what is it that you want? What do you want to do to me now? Replace me? Kill me then replace me with your long-lost child who will no doubt be able to give you everything that I was never good enough to do? Is that it? Because I won't let you win this time, I have too much to give up and no one is going to rip my happy ending away from me, my son and the woman that I love. It is my time to be happy." Regina sighed as she finally allowed the tears to pour down her cheeks and turned her body into Emma's protective arms.

"No one is separating us or taking our happiness away from us, my Queen," Emma whispered.

"It's not like that all, Regina." The young redhead informed her sibling. "I traveled here from Oz to find mother's heart, she owes it to both of us to finally step up and be the mother she was always meant to be. I admit that I nearly killed her because her stubborn heartless ass had refused to budge, but I did it, Regina, I did it for both of us." The redhead newcomer gently spoke to her sister. "We've met before when we were younger. You were sick and I needed to help you, we had fun playing together and we vowed we would never leave each other again. I loved you then and I love you now."

"How can that be true? I don't recall meeting my sister, I would remember that, dear." Regina whispered as she turned in her lovers' arms to face her supposed sister.

"Mother thought she wiped both of our memories of each other, little did she know that I had retained mine with a little help from a now-dead imp, he was also my teacher. It took me a long time to find out where her heart was kept and of course I managed to enter your vault because we do share blood. I watched you for a week, I watched you with Henry and I saw how much you love your son, I am proud of you my little sis for overcoming all that evil and sharing your heart with your son. And, I knew that as long as mother didn't have her heart, she will return one day and ruin what you have, so, I took the heart and I went to Wonderland. We fought and we fought until one day I overpowered her and pushed her heart into place."

"You're proud of me?"

"Of course!" Zelena exclaimed. "Regina, there were times that I would get frustrated because I didn't have a good life, and there you were with both of your parents. Jealousy formed and you know, crap like that which took me on my own journey of bestowing my wickedness upon others, but over the years I became lonely and it was the memory of you telling me that we're sisters and you will always love me that swallowed all of that other hogwash down. Mother is no longer that vile demon of a woman that she once was, please give us a chance, Regina. I have always loved you, sis."

"I'm sorry but I don't know if I can do this, I don't trust easily and as much as I want to believe you, I don't know if I can." Regina sobbed before pushing herself back into the safety of Emma's chest.

"Babe, she's telling the truth, you know I can tell when people are lying, she's not. She is being truthful with you, my Queen."

"She is?" Regina hoped as she looked up into emerald eyes that she had come to love.

"Yes, she is being truthful with you." Emma smiled. "Come, let's go and meet your sister," Emma suggested as she tugged Regina towards Zelena.

"Hi Zelena, I guess you already know who I am, thank you for sacrificing yourself by fighting Cora. I do not doubt that you and Regina will grow close, and when she loves, she loves with everything she has. Don't take that for granted, or you will have me to deal with." She threatened with a smile. "But, thank you and welcome to our family."