Chapter Eleven

"A dragon and a wolf? Don't be ridiculous." Ruby deadpanned.

"Child, we're from the Enchanted Forest, and you're calling me ridiculous?" Granny replied sarcastically.

"But... how?"

"I think you need to go and talk to your dragon friend about that."

"Who do you think could be the parent? I can't imagine any wolf leaving their pup."

"Ruby, I know it has been less than 24 hours since the curse broke, and I know I was a little taken back once I realized her scent yesterday after all the chaos. But, are your senses acting up?" The concerned grandmother asked.

"Of course not, I heard Snow perfectly last night, didn't I?" Ruby impatiently replied.

"Then you'd already smell the answer to your question," Granny stated, shaking her head in slight annoyance. It surely astounded her to know that Emma is her great-granddaughter, but what truly bothered her was the fact that Ruby had no idea or recollection of mothering a child, and with a dragon to boot.

A few seconds passed before the light shone through Ruby's eyes with acknowledgment. "No... no... no!" She kept repeating. "I would know if... I should know if..." She wailed as she ran out of the kitchen to escape but was forced to stop when she collided with a startled Maleficent.

"Darling, what's the matter? You look like you've seen a ghost."

"You! You knew! That's what you were going to tell me in the woods, wasn't it? She's mine!" Ruby screamed in front of every patron in the diner, ceasing all motions.

"Red... Red... please calm down." Implored Maleficent.

"No! You don't get to tell me to calm down." Ruby countered "That's why you reacted strangely towards me this morning. You knew and didn't tell me!" She was furious, her thoughts were all discombobulated with the revelation, but what broke her heart was the nonexistent memories of ever meeting Maleficent, or that she was a mother. It wasn't until two days ago that she started feeling this yearning towards Emma first, and then today towards the older dragon without any inclination why. Now, it all makes sense.

"How was I supposed to? The dragon growled in desperation. "How was I supposed to see you for the first time in 29 years and tell you that you're my true love, that I love you more than life itself, that you're my eternal mate? How was I supposed to tell you that I gave birth alone because you left me? How Red? How?" The dragon sobbed. "Especially when you referred to me as the Queen of Darkness without any indication of having known me before. Tell me, Red Riding Hood. How?" Maleficent vented through watering eyes.

"By doing this!" Ruby huffed angrily as she fastened her right hand around Maleficent's own, surprising Maleficent and tugging her forward. Ruby's left hand then found its way behind the Dark Queen's nape guiding her forth till their mouths engaged. It all happened so quickly, Maleficent was stunned.

The moment their lips touched, a gold shimmering light sparkled between their bosoms, reuniting a love once denied, hearts once broken, and souls once lost. The spark grew in magnitude as the kiss deepened, pale fingers curled in red and black tresses, palms caressing the blonde's soft cheeks and still, the golden glow increased in size until both women were enclosed within the power of their love.

The observers to this private moment looked on in wonderment at the scene before their very eyes till the bright light flew out into the world. Spreading the true love of a dragon and wolf across the land of Storybrooke, leaving all speechless.

"What the hell was that?" Emma questioned after feeling a slight gust of gold light fly through her chest as she exited her car to walk around the corner to the diner.