💔 Nine ❤️

The next day comes and Jisung rushes out of his last class yet again. Though this time, he knows where he's going: behind the school where no one goes, or at least everyone thinks no one goes there.

Jisung's breath is more stable than yesterday's, since he didn't have to run around the whole building hunting down the Chinese boy without any help. Though, he still runs into other students and pushes past their shoulders, since the wave of kids were walking in the opposite direction he was.

Gently pushing the door open with his now bandaged wrists, the fresh spring air hits his skin. He spots the slightly older boy leaning against the wall, staring off into the empty sky above him.

"Hey, Chenle!" Jisung excitedly says a bit too loudly, especially since the boy was near the door the younger had exited from, "How are you, and how was
your day today?"

Jisung decided to ask those two things, of all things, to indicate to Chenle that he wasn't a possible threat. Though, Chenle didn't pick up his signals of wanting to become friends again. All he got were signs of another annoying bitch trying to get on his good side to break him further.

"It was like all the others but now it's ruined because you decided to talk to me again. Why aren't you leaving me alone like everyone else?" Chenle practically spits onto Jisung's face as venom drips from his words.

His blood boils because Chenle knows that Jisung still has connections with the Dreamies. He could see the phone in his hand buzzing with notifications from the group chat he was once in.

Before Jisung could answer, Chenle throws him more questions, "Did Jeno send you to break me down even more? Does he still want money? Whatever it is, I'll deal with it myself. I don't need his henchmen coming after me."

Jisung's mouth hangs open, words wanting to form but he's completely speechless. The irritated boy walks off, not wanting to hear what he was going to say. Though, words do eventually form.

"No! None of that is true! I actually want to be friends with you!" Jisung yells out in desperation, hoping the boy comes back running into his arms with tears in his eyes. They're tears of joy, finally someone cares about the Chinese boy.

"That's what they all say!" Chenle yells in response instead of Jisung's daydream, not turning back to see the younger for one last time that day.

"How long is this going to take? I just want to be friends again, maybe even more than that!" Jisung yells to himself as Chenle disappears from his sight. His back slides down the wall as he curls up into a ball of anger, so desperate for a friend that isn't fake.