Phil Coulson

Natasha Romanoff and Elise Acworth separated. While Natasha went to find and fight Barton, Elise got a message from Agent Coulson that Loki had escaped and he had Thor in the cage, instead of himself. She ran down the hall to the empty detention room.

The cage was no longer there as was Loki. She looked around confused before lifting her hand up to her ear and pressed the button on her earpiece. "Thor's gone."

"What?" Tony was the first to respond. "Shakespeare's out the picture?" He asked sarcastically.

She rolled her eyes before sighing. She lifted a foot to step into the room when she heard a loud thud and a low groan on the side of the room. Instinctively, she pulled one of her guns out from her holster before stepping into the room, carefully and cautiously.

"All hands to your stations, immediately." She heard Fury's voice over the intercom as she continued to walk further into the room.

Her eyes lowered to the groaning body on floor and she instantly put her gun back before running over to Agent Coulson. "Coulson?" She slid near him as he coughed up blood. "Phil, stay with me." He had the prototype Phase Two weapon still in his hands.

"I'm here." He groaned. "But, not for long."

Shaking her head, she lifted her hand to her earpiece. "Don't say that." Before pressing the button. "Fury, Coulson's down. We're in the Detention Room."

Letting it go, she grabbed his hand before biting her bottom lip. She wasn't an emotional person and she had been used to the people around her dying... It didn't make it easier, though. Coulson was almost like a father to her. She could remember the days when he would stop by her family's home when her mother was alive to check on her. He would crack corny dad jokes and she would laugh because they were funny to her. He would help her with science experiences even though he had no clue as to what he was doing. He would take her on walks just to talk about her day and boys. He was there for her while she was in a cage and he was the one to help her get out...although, that had been a secret kept between him, her and a special someone that she used to talk to before he was taken.

He was always there for her. She knew he was going to die and it was too late to use her force field to heal him. His breathing was already too shallow. Tears clouded her vision as she bit her lip harder to not cry.

He looked up at her before chuckling. "Its okay, Elise." He groaned out. "Its okay to cry sometimes. It doesn't make you weak...it makes you stronger."

Without her control, the hot tears fell freely as she released a shaky breath. "You can't die, Phil." She couldn't lose another parent. "You can't leave me." Shaking her head, she bit back a sob. "Not like this."

"I'll be okay."

"I'll make Loki pay for this, I promise." She told him. "I don't even care that he's Thor's brother. He'll pay for doing this to you."

She vowed before Fury stormed into the room and keeled down beside them. She wiped her tears as she took to her feet. "I'm sorry, Boss. They got rabbited." Coulson told Fury as Elise just watched him.

"Just stay awake. Eyes on me."

"Oh, I'm clocking out here." She swallowed a lump that was starting to form in her throat.