04| magazine covers & airplanes

the plane ride

roxie couldn't believe her eyes. the beatles were right in front of her, showing her their collections of magazines she was on the cover of. it was nearly twelve am in the jet. they were on their way to london for more meetings and events. eleven whole hours with the beatles.

the plane had a strange yellow light in it, masking the night outside. the yellow hue was all over the plane. it wasn't light, either. it was dark. very dark.

"and this one... oh, this one," ringo held up the one she posed for the previous year. "i used to be up all hours of the night, wan—"

"that's enough, ringo," she heard brian yell from behind her.

the cover in question was of her in a black dress with no sleeves, so it was cut off at the chest. she looked slightly dazed in the photos, but still somehow 
beautiful. roxie sat back in her seat on the jet, waiting for the plane to take off. john, george and ringo sat by her while paul sat next to brian and joe.

"so, roxie," john, who was next to her grinned. "this flight lasts eleven hours. what'll we do to make the time?"

"you can show me the remnants of your collection," she joked. "or you could play a song... or we could have a beatles-cash photoshoot—"

"shh!! look!" ringo shushed her, eyes glued to the window. "wow... look at all those lights,"

they were now in the air, the nose of the plane higher than the tail. "it's beautiful," roxie muttered.

all the buildings and businesses were lit up with lights. it truly was amazing. she tore her eyes away from the window one they were far enough in the air that the lights were no longer distinguishable. roxie already changed into a black tank top with loose jeans on, something she always liked wearing.

"so... what about that roxie-beatle shoot?" john piped up, staring into her eyes. "you got a camera?"

"i do," ringo pulled out a silver camera, something very high-tech.

roxie grinned, saying, "i have one of those at home," she mumbled.

ringo raised it to his right eye, the shutter and flash going off toward roxie and john. john wasn't ready, so he looked understandably confused. roxie was always camera-ready, on the other hand.

ringo turned the camera around and took a photo of george. he smiled cheerfully and put a thumbs up. "i hope these turn out alright..." ringo muttered beneath his breath.

roxie brought a magazine up to her face. she was supposed to be wearing her glasses, but she never did. something she had in common with john.

"whatcha readin'?" john poked her.

she smiled, showing him the magazine page she was in. "just reading what the rolling stones have to say about me," she mumbled. "ahem... roxie cash is the epitome of beauty—that's a bit generous—and she won't refrain to speak her mind."

"that sounds about right, yeah," the boys nodded along. "you'd'a thought they'd include a better photo," john said, seeing that she was turned around and looking off in the distance. "can't even see your face!"