.:005:.

I couldn't sleep at all last night, the idea of me kissing a serpent kept me awake. If someone told me I'd kiss a serpent before they transferred to Riverdale I would have laughed in their face and called them delusional. I let out a deep breath. I looked at the time I still had an hour before I had to leave. I wondered out of bed and downstairs.

"Hey honey, you're up early, I didn't expect to see you today." She smiled sweetly.

"I never expect to see you any day." I sigh grabbing an apple from the fruit bowl on the island in the middle of the room. My mum tutted at me and rolled her eyes.

"You know I'm working sweetie." She grumbled. 

"Mhm." I replied before leaving.

"You're gonna be really early!" She called after me.

"Better than being here." I mumbled under my breath. I walked to school, the streets were quiet, not many people were up at this time and if they were they didn't have to go anywhere yet. I went straight to the blue and gold room and sat down in front of a typewriter. I must have lost track on a while because after a few pages of writing someone knocked on the door.

"Come in!" I yelled not moving my eyes from the paper in front of me. Whoever knocked on the door now positioned themselves so they were leant on the table I was sat up. I looked up to Pea, his arms folded and a small smirk on his face. I cocked an eyebrow expectently.

"Y/n, you look cute when you're focused." He said quietly, I rolled my eyes, trying to contain the small smile that wanted to possess my lips.

"What do you want Sweet Pea?" I asked looking back to the typewriter. He shook his head.

"I just wanted to come see you." He mumbled, now looking incredibly serious.

"Sweet Pea, I told you-"

"Yeah, I know." He sighed. The door quickly opened.

"Y/n, you won't belive what I found- oh. I'm sorry." Betty barged through the door quickly.

"It's okay. What did you find?" I asked. She looked at Sweet Pea warily. He lifted his hands up in defeat and left.

"You and Sweet Pea? I thought you hate serpents?" Betty questioned with a smile.

"I mean, I don't know. I barely know the guy." I rubbed the back of my neck. Betty almost squealed making me chuckle.

"Meet me at Pop's tonight, 9 o'clock." She smiled leaving the room as fast as she entered.

~Time Skip~

I wondered into Pop's to see Betty and Jughead. Betty saw me and waved me over, following her instructions I took a seat opposite the couple. 

"Why did you want me here?" I asked, feeling awkward being a third wheel.

"You're reason will be here soon." Jughead smirked. My brows furrowed, confused to what he meant. About 20 minutes of sitting opposite of Bughead, drinking chocolate milkshakes, I heard the bell of Pop's door go. I turned around to see Sweet Pea walk in. He was cladded in his serpent leather jacket, heavy boots and a black eye. I tried not to show worry so I just turned back to Betty and Jug. 

Jug nodded Sweet Pea over and he soon took a seat next to me. He threw his arm onto the back of the seat, he didn't touch me but I couldn't help but feel so concious of him being there. His thigh practically pressed against mine but not, his arm almost around my shoulders, but it wasn't. 

"Sorry I got caught up. What did you want me here for Jug." He sighed pointing to his eye, dropping his hand onto his leg soon after.