Chapter 1

Mal's POV

"Mal you need to eat." Ben whispered to me.

Me and Ben were in my dorm room. Evie was on a date with Doug, so it was just me and Ben.

We were on my bed with a TV tray in front of it. It had a play of food on it. I didn't want to eat it. I had enough food for one day.

I ate what I usually ate on the isle. Not much, but good enough to keep me from dying.

"Ben, I told you I'm fine."

Ben shook his head.

"No. You're underweight for your age and height. You literally weigh only 88 lbs!" Ben exclaimed.

I rolled my eyes."Why does that even matter anyways. What's so bad about being underweight? I've been fine for the past 16 years of my life."

"It's a risk to your health. You're lucky you didn't die on the isle. When you guys first arrived here you guys looked horrible. In a health condition way. Not that you were ugly or anything! You know what I-"

"Yes I know. Go on." I cut him off to stop his rambling.

He nodded, embarrassed a bit. "Jay, Evie, and Carlos are doing fine, but you aren't. Please let me help you Mal."

He grabbed my hands and looked into my eyes.

I smiled. He's so cute when he begs. "Ok, how do you help?" I asked him.

He perked up. "Well you need to come to an appointment every week. It's really important. We need to check you if you're getting better. Eventually, we'll just need to check every month. After that you should be healthy."

I frowned. "Appointments? I don't want anyone to know about my so called 'problem'. Can it be just between you, me, and some doctor person? Maybe Evie, Jay and Carlos too?"

"Whatever you want." He kissed me on my forehead. "Are you doing better on the other things?"

I looked away from him and pulled my arms away from him as well. I've been inflicting damage to myself.

People keep calling me names and telling me that I'm worthless.

I saved their butts from my mom and this is what I get for payment? Ugh. Sometimes I get so upset about it and go into the bathroom and cut myself.

"Mal, let me see your arms." Ben insisted. He put his hands out to take my arms.

I had long sleeves on, so people can't see I slit my wrists. I looked at my arms and then at Ben. I hesitated, but I then put my arms in his hands. He pulled up my sleeves and gasped.

"Mal... you can't do this stuff to yourself! It's not good for you!" Ben basically shouted.

I felt like crying, but that's showing weakness. I know it's Auradon, but you know... habits.

"Ben I'm sorry. I've done this since I was a little kid. It's a habit. I'm sorry, I'm trying, but... it's not working..."

I took deep breaths. My tears almost slipped out.

"Mal it's okay to cry you know."

I shook my head. He knows exactly why I hate crying.

That's usually the reason I do hurt myself. The physical pain makes the mental pain go away.

It's also weakness. I'm probably a disappointment to everyone. Especially my mom. Living is just tuff sometimes.

Maybe I should go out to drink sometime. Maybe that'll help.