Chapter 12

Shane's POV

"It's been way too long I'm going in." I started to walk towards the door, but I felt a hand on me. I looked to my side and saw it was Jay.

"What the hell man? I need to go in there and save Mal and Carlos."

"Um... and Ben." Jane added. I rolled my eyes. I could care less about Ben, maybe even Carlos, but Carlos is definitely better than Ben and I'm cool with Carlos I guess.

"Sure... Ben too..." I removed Jay's hand and started to walk again.

"Shane, you need to just be patient." Jay said and he ran up to me and grabbed my arm.

"Dude c'mon! They could be in danger!"

"And they also could not be in danger!"

"But do you really want to take the chance? Losing 3 people you care about, but could live without one of them anyways?"

"Ok, you need to stop pointing out Ben like that. We all know you don't like him, but Mal does. A lot. And we all know you like her, too." Evie stated. Everyone looked at her in confusion on the last part. "Oh... so I'm the only one who caught onto that?" I gave her a death stare. She gotta do that to me?

"But... they could be in danger!" I exclaimed. I ripped my arm from Jay's grip and sprinted toward the door. I searched for the handle and pulled it open and ran inside.

Once I was inside I couldn't see a thing. I bumped into something, though. I guess that'd be pretty common since it's pitch dark in here.

"Ow." A voice that was very close to me said. I maybe bumped into someone.

"Um, who are you?" I questioned the unknown voice, though it did sound familiar.

"Umm... I'm Carlos..." he said nervously.

"Carlos! Where's Ben? Did he find Mal?"

"Wait? Shane?" I nodded. I forgot he couldn't see me.

"Yeah, yeah. Sorry I nodded, but you know, super dark in here. Can't see a thing."

"Yeah, I got you. So I don't know where Ben is exactly and I'm not sure if he's found Mal. I was told to stand here so Ben will be able to find his way back. Once I hear him calling my name I will call back his name so he'll be able to find me." Carlos explained.

"So we just wait?" I asked him.

"Yep." Carlos answered.

"Then I'm going back outside."

I looked for the door handle and once I found it I opened the door to walk out.

When I got outside everyone started talking at once.

"Guys." I started. Everyone stopped talking. "First of all, lower your voices. We're still in the Underground. Secondly, one at a time. And lastly, to basically answer all your questions, no. Mal has not been found yet. Ben is out looking for her and Carlos is waiting at the door, so Ben will be able to get back to the door. Mind you, it's pitch black in there, so you can see a thing. They're using a shouting names method." I explained all in one breath. When I was done I took a deep breath and let it out. That was a lot of talking.

They all nodded their heads and we just sat there in silence and in anticipation.

Ben's POV

"Carlos!!" I kept yelling, waiting for him to yell back. I was walking aimlessly in the pitch black room, not knowing where to go.

"Carlos!" I said again, but to no response. I thought this system was going to work flawlessly, but nope.

"Ugh. Hmm, maybe I'm not screaming loud enough." I took a really deep breath and shouted,      "CARLOS!!!!!!!!!"

I stopped in my tracks so I could listen for an answer back. My footsteps could make too much noise that I couldn't hear the shout.

"Ben?!?" I faintly heard, but nonetheless did.

I took another deep breath. "CARLOS IT'S BEN!!!!!!" I shouted even louder than before.

"BEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNN!!!!!!" I heard him call. It sounded like it was coming from a little bit in between my right and forwards of me, so I ran that way calling out Carlos's name.

I kept doing that for a bit, calling out his name and him calling out mine. Going in different directions according to where I heard the sound coming from. I also was carrying Mal, but she wasn't that heavy. That's because she isn't eating. I kind of wish she was heavier because that would mean she was healthier, but that would also mean it would be harder to carry her.

At one point, I was running and suddenly I ran into something and fell on the ground.

"Ow." I said.

"Ow." Someone else stated.

I searched for Mal and picked her up. I got up myself as well. "Carlos?" I cautiously asked.

"Ben?" They nervously asked.

"Carlos!" I exclaimed with excitement.

"Oh great Ben! You have Mal right?"

"Yeah!"

"Oh by the way, Shane and the others are also here, too! Isn't that great?"

"Yeah! That means Jay and Evie are here! It also means we won't have to find them, too."

"Let's just get outta here." He said. Carlos searched for the handle, but it was taking a little long.

"Umm, you good dude?"

"Yes, but I can't find the handle. I swear it was right here. Shane just came through here some time ago."

My breathing started to quicken a bit. I wasn't panicking at all... it's just that we can't find the door to get out of this place and that's the whole reason Carlos stood here the whole time.

"You're sure that you didn't move?" I curiously questioned him.

"Well, I did just bump into you, but actually it was more like you bumped into me. And when Shane came through I also fell over. So I might have moved."

"How about we just check around us. Don't go too far, though. Don't want to go too far away from this spot in case it's near here. And we don't want to loose each other." I suggested.

"Right."

We then were on the hunt for the mysterious disappearing door handle. I was also holding Mal, so it was kind of a challenge he, but not too hard. I just hope we'll be able to find the door and get out of the Underground while also not getting caught.