Chapter 6

Shane's POV

"I thought you guys said her book was in the museum!" I whispered yelled.

Me, Ben, and Jay were running through the museum trying not to be caught. We decided to split up.

Carlos and Evie got the wand from Fairy Godmother. They said it's not in the museum anymore since the first VKs tried to steal it and almost succeeded.

We went to the museum after curfew to not look suspicious when taking Mal's spell-book, but we couldn't even find it there.

"Well we all saw Mal hand the book to Fairy Godmother." Jay stated.

"Someone either stole it, Mal took it back, or Fairy Godmother just kept it." Ben suggested.

I wasn't looking where I was going and accidentally bumped into something. A loud alarm went off making all of us cover our ears.

"Way to go Kitty Cat!" Jay complained.

I scowled at him. "One- Don't call me that. Two- I haven't done this before! I didn't know if I'd just bumped into something an annoying, screeching noise would go off!"

"Stop arguing! We need to get out of here before we get caught!" Ben told us.

I gave him a confused look. "Can't you just get us out of this mess? You are the King after all aren't you?" I questioned.

He nodded. "I am, but I don't want everyone to worry about what's happening. I just want to get Mal back without anyone knowing what's going on. If they caught us we'd either have to lie or tell them what's going on. I don't want to do either of those things."

"Ok. Whatever."

We ran out of the museum and to Carlos and Jay's dorm room. We got in and shut the door quietly, so no one would wake up.

"Woah. Chill. Hey, where's Mal's spell-book?" Carlos asked.

"Well, it wasn't there. We don't know where it is." Jay said.

"We could ask Fairy Godmother." Carlos suggested.

"We could, but what if she asks what we're doing?" Ben questioned.

Jay plopped down on to his bed. "I don't know, but I do know I'm tired , so can we figure this out tomorrow?"

"No!" I shouted. They all looked at me. I lowered my voice a bit. "We can't put this off! Mal could be in serious danger and she could be put in more every second we waste!"

"Dude why do you care for her so much?" Carlos asked. Ben was giving me the stink eye.

"Um, well, you know. She is the one who said I should be given a chance to stay in Auradon and all. I want to repay the favor."

"Yea, but if this never happened you'd probably just annoy her to death and not even think about repaying her." Evie said.

I groaned. "You know what. Maybe we all should get some sleep after all. I'm a bit tired myself. Goodnight." I walked out of the dorm and closed the door behind me.

I sighed of relief and walked to my dorm room. It was a little ways from Carlos and Jay's. I didn't have a roommate thank god.

Once I made it to my dorm I fell against my way too soft bed. I couldn't stop thinking about what's happening to Mal. What kind of danger she could be in.

I don't know who's doing it, but it could be my dad. I'm not going to suggest anything just in case it isn't. I don't want to be the reason we are on the wrong track.