sleeping over.

age 14/15
main pov

it's a cool friday night. mike, dustin, will, lucas, and max just finished their last day of school before spring break.

dustin insisted on having a sleepover with the whole party in order to start off spring break right.

even though it took a lot of convincing to get hopper to allow el to have a sleepover with boys, he agreed along with the rest of the parents.

el sat at the cabin impatiently waiting all day for the party to get out of school. the clock finally turned 3:15 and el knew mike would be home from school.

el jumped up from her bed to tell hopper it was time to go.

"hopper come on!" she yelled running into the living room.

"what kid? why are you freaking out?" hopper asked, not the slightest bit phased.

"ugh", she groaned, "3 1 5. its time. let's go." el said grabbing his arm trying to pull him off of his chair.

"it's 3:15 and i'm coming." hopper said reluctantly getting off of the comfortable chair.

the ride to mike's house was relatively quiet aside from the low sound of the radio playing.

"we're close." el suddenly said while bouncing her legs up and down excitedly. el had been to mike's house so many times she memorized the way to get there.

"kid calm down." hopper said chuckling.

they were only a few minutes away from the house when hopper said, "alright kid remember the rules?"

el just groaned in reply.

"el?" hopper asked sternly while raising his eyebrows.

"yes. i remember." el replied while rolling her eyes.

"no sleeping anywhere near the wheeler kid an-"

"mike." el corrected.

"whatever, mike. and don't be stupid." hopper told el.

"i got it." she said.

just then they pulled it to the wheeler's driveway and el barley waited for the car to stop before she opened the car door.

"bye kid. have fun." hopper told el as she hopped out of the truck and grabbed her bag.

"goodbye." she said and slammed the car door shut. el walked up to the front door and knocked on it three times. the door opened and revealed nancy.

"hello nancy." el said with a smile that stretched from ear to ear.

"hey el." nancy replied gesturing for el to come in.

"nancy i told you i'd get it!" mike yelled running down the stairs, but froze when he saw el.

"h-hey el." mike said in a much softer tone.

"hello mike." el said making her way over to mike to embrace him in a hug.

"i'm going to my room. make sure you and you're dumbass friends don't burn the house down while mom and dad aren't here." nancy said walking towards her room.

"k nancy." mike replied while giving her a dirty look.

mike and el grabbed each other's hand and intertwined their fingers as they made their way down to the basement.

"when is everyone coming?" el asked as they made their way over to the couch.

"they should be here soon." mike said as he sat down on the end of the couch while el curled up next to him.