getting grounded.

- thank you for 7k reads!!!
-kind of a part two to "taking advantage."
age 15/16
el's pov

it was very early in the morning and i was on my way back to the cabin. i have no clue what i'm going to tell hopper when he asks where i've been all night.

i opened up the door as quietly as possible and closed it. phew. i walked to the couch to watch tv when hopper startled me by saying, "good morning."

i jumped and turned around to find him sitting at the kitchen table drinking a cup of coffee.

"morning." i said plainly.

"where were you last night?" he asked me casually, a little too casually.

"umm..." i started trying to think of something, "i went to max's house." nice one el.

"oh really?" hopper asked not seeming very convinced.

"mhm." i replied. it was kind of awkward. neither of us were talking about the fight last night.

"max give you those hickeys then?" hopped asked before taking a sip of his coffee.

omg. omg. how did he see? i literally covered them. what do i say?

"what's a hickey?" i asked playing the innocent card.

hopper looked startled for a split second, but he regained his composure quickly. "el.", he started, "you can either lie to me and make this worse or you can tell the truth. it's up to you."

how does he even know?

"what am i lying about?" i replied trying to seem clueless.

"eleven."

shit he's mad.

"yes?" i asked sassily.

"that's it you're grounded." he replied while getting up to put his coffee cup in the sink.

"what's grounded?" i asked him genuinely confused.

"grounded means you're in trouble. grounded means no leaving the cabin, no friends over, and no mike."

"that's not fair!" i yelled at him.

"you know you're not allowed to sneak out and whatever happened to friends don't lie? huh?" he said.

"i just went to max's." i lied.

"bullshit." he said while raising his voice and startling me, "you have hickeys all across your damn neck. and when i find that wheeler kid i'm gonna-"

i cut him off by saying, "mike didn't do anything wrong. i didn't do anything wrong. we love each other and it's not like we had sex."

hoppers eyes widened and he said, "you better not have or else i'd kill him."

i just rolled my eyes at him. he's so annoying.

"go to you're room now. i'm going to work and you better be in this house when i get back." hopper said in an angry voice.