Dead Center: Streets

"Man, I can't believe I'm stranded in Savanna." Rochelle seems very aggravated. She obviously wasn't from Georgia, and to be fair, I wasn't either. I was only here for college and residency.

"Dude, Savanna is awesome! I'll show ya the sights on the way to the mall." Ellis seemed excited to be the new tour guide of the zombie apocalypse. That's a sentence I never thought I would say.

As we were taking care of the first sets of zombies in the front alley of the hotel, I made sure to take mental notes of the states of the infected. Specifically targeting their behaviors. I noticed certain characteristics about the special infected. There were so many different mutations, it was hard to distinguished. We should probably give them a name for what they can do.

"The fuck is that thing?" Nick yells, aiming his gun towards the ultra strong infected man with extremely large muscles and inhuman strength like Godzilla.

"A...its a tank." I named it accordingly. They seemed to like the name, and continue to defend the group. Making me think it would be best to name them, to warn the group before they get too close, knowing their weaknesses and strengths.

"What else are you calling them all?" Coach asked, as we were getting close to a safe room. I was thinking about what I had seen.

"The women who have the mutation with the abundance of stomach acid, should be called at Spitter. She spits her acid at us, knowing it will cause physical harm to us." We has just killed a spitter early that day, it was still fresh in my mind.

"The one that uses their dangerous puke to attract hordes should be called the Boomer. They explode only when killed. Which is our goal."

"You ain't wrong." Ellis reprimanded, and I smiled back to him.

"The one that uses its hunting instinct to track its prey should be called the Hunter." It was very self-explanatory so I figured we'd know when they were around.

"The one who can use its own directional system to lead us anywhere should be called the Jockey. Those little fuckers seem to look like suffer from an extreme form of scoliosis, with the mutation from the Green Flu."

"Don't you think naming it a flu was a stupid move? I mean, it made it seem like nothing!" Coach was getting angry at CEDA for the incompetence of spreading correct information.

"The one who uses its tongue to find prey and can cause serious nerve damage to the neck and throat, should be called the Smoker as when you shoot it, it's only defense is the smoke it emits." The smokers were the weakest of all special infected, other than the boomers.

"The one that can drag you for miles without getting tired should be called the Charger. Only one side of the body and brain are affected, leaving it with only one strong side and one weak one."

"So, we might have a chance at these Chargers?"

"Maybe. I hope so..." I reply, trying to keep my composure. This was some heavy stuff to talk about, especially when everyone around is dead.

"The one that cries alone, and can lure anyone into her trap, should be called the Witch. I'm still not too sure about her just yet, she could be cured. I think she is suffering from a low sugar level, which I can fix."

"I think that's all we've seen so far. I hope we don't encounter anymore of those damn things." Nick says, raising his gun and the door to look for any looming infected.

I sat back down at made some notes in my medical journal. Even if I couldn't cure the disease, maybe I could help someone else with all of the data. Maybe one day, somebody can fix this global corruption...

"Does the mall look busy to you?" Coach asks as the silence creeps up on us all.

"Oh no, I have a bad feeling about this..."