All Roads Lead Somewhere

We had been on the highway for nearly an hour. Ellis talked about how much he had missed the car and driving it. I will admit, he was much happier when he had complete control of the car.

NIck had been complaining about how annoying they three of them were to work with. How bitchy Zoey was, and so forth.

Coach was cleaning everyone's guns and melee weapons, whilst staying pretty silent for the most part. I guess enough had been said, he couldn't really say much else.

Rochelle has been writing in her journal, still managing to do her job. She obviously wasn't getting paid or expecting to get paid for that matter. She was a hard worker, and it showed. She seemed like a very committed person, even in a zombie apocalypse.

On occasion, Ellis would have to swing around crowded parts of the interstate. But, there was never too many. But, considering the evacuation headed south, the highways were getting more dense and Ellis wasn't able to totally thrash through big semi trucks and cars.

"Hey y'all, I think we might have a problem..."

"What do you mean?" Nick asks, slightly waking up from his brief nap. Turns out, killing the infected was not easy. Physically, it was exhausting. Slashing, hacking, and smacking were pretty round on the body and muscles. Coach was getting cramps from the excess work, and is losing energy. The last meal we had together was six granola bars, with only a single bar left.

"All I'm sayin' is I am NOT leaving Jimmy Gibbs Jr behind." Ellis said, crossing his arms in front of him. He was very stubborn, but to the point of him losing his life was not a good thing.

"I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this car can't drive over twenty miles of parked cars. Looks like we're walking."