Dead Center: Atrium

"Ah, Jimmy Gibbs Jr...just the best stock car racer of all time!" Ellis looked so happy, staring at the poster hung gently but sturdily on the wall.

"Who the hell is Jimmy Gibbs Jr?" Nick asks, with a not so nice attitude. Ellis and Coach both looked equally offended. It was actually pretty funny, and maybe the first time I've laugh in three days.

"Well, around here he's as famous as Elvis. Or the president." Coach says, thinking about how much he loves him.

"Really? That's funny considering he looks like an asshole." Nick seemed genuinely shocked, but it didn't change the fact that all he needed was a mirror.

"You've been making jokes about Savanna all day and I've held my tongue. But you DO NOT belittle Jimmy Gibbs Jr. That man is the pride of Georgia. I would take a bullet for that man." Ellis says, before turning around to the poster again, "If the laws of nature allowed it, I would bear that man's children."

"Okay, Ellis what the fuck?"

"Sorry, I just really love him man." Ellis says, scratching the back of his neck to hide further embarrassment.

We continued our way into the atrium of the mall. This mall was enormous, but we managed to. navigate it relatively quickly. It was abundantly clear that no form of rescue, evacuation, or save haven was near. Now was time for plan B.

"Anybody got ideas?" I ask, and the room goes silent for several minutes. Great.

"Let's drive Jimmy's stock car right on outta here! With gas of course." Ellis' idea wasn't half bad. It  would be our fastest form of transportation to almost anywhere we wanted to go.

"Let's get this show on the road." I say, but Nick of course has to be a smartass and cut me off.

"More like a shit show, but whatever to get me out of this goddamn mall." Nick says, as the elevator door opens. We all run out, to find gas and avoid the zombies.

"You all get the cans and Ellis and I will fill the tank!" I yell, as Coach, Nick, and Rochelle go off on their own to find 10 gas cans. Ellis was covering my back whilst I filled the tank up.

"You look good beside a car like this, you know?" Ellis smirked, and I laughed. His little smile was always so cute.

I had managed to get 9 cans in the car, but we still needed one more.

"TANK! EVERYBODY HELP OVER HERE!" Coach screamed, and Ellis and I rejoined as Rochelle gave me the last gas can.

I can back to the car, and get situated in the side front passenger seat. I see them all running for the car as I start it, and put my seatbelt on. Ellis hopped in the front seat and Nick, Coach, and Rochelle were squished in the back seat, but managed to get in before the tank smashed the car. Ellis puts the gas to the floor and we start flying out of the mall, breaking the glass in the process.

"Holy shit! Did y'all see that? That was awesome!" Ellis laughs as he continues to drive towards the highway.

It was going to be a long journey to the next CEDA center, which was in New Orleans. But, that was a trip we were all willing to take for safety.