Into A Corner

"There is something you all can do." The doctor suggests, smiling. The room was bland, cold and even worse that the safe houses we had been in.

"We're not doing anything for you assholes. So far, you've blamed us for killing the world." Nick says, getting close to the doctors desk, and leaning over it. The doctor flinched a little, but not too noticeable.

"Kelsey, I know you were a doctor. We need you on our side. Many of us left to find family, and many of us have died. You are immune, meaning you can stay here and never catch the virus." Doctor Martin gave you a sympathetic look, before opening one of his cases.

"You expect me to help you?" I laugh, ignoring his stupid antics. No way in hell would I risk everything to help the people who left us behind countless times.

"Come on, we did thorough testing on all of you. None of you are infected, but Kelsey...you are carrying precious cargo." Doctor Martin smirked, clearly using his business skills to sell me out of my life to serve CEDA.

"You're trying to use my unborn child as a bargaining chip?" I mock his intentions, and the group backed me up. We wouldn't be taken down without a fight.

"Don't you want it to survive? You can't actually believe you can keep it alive out there?" The doctor laughed, "Think about t; the blood curdling screams all through the night, the need for diapers and formula, and the constant keep-up of an infant. Even if it does survive, for how long? How long can you run with a crying baby?" As much as I hated to admit it, I had thought about how hard it would be to keep a living, breathing child alive in a world like this.

"Shut up, before I give you something to cry about." Nick threatened, grabbing the doctor's collar and nearly choking him. I couldn't help but grin at the sight.

"Watch yourself, Nicholas. You my friend, are on thin ice." The doctor struggled to speak, but managed to choke out the words. How fucking pitiful.

"Thin ice my ass! Let's go." Coach groans, and moves towards the exit. Only to be stopped by more people with heavy suits and large guns, pointing directly at our heads.

"I'm afraid you're now CEDA's property."