Chapter 17 - Punishment

En Dwi Gast had seen many of his champions come and go.  For various reasons.  Sometimes they either died or actually grew old, or attempted to escape or lead a rebellion, and then he melted them.  This was something a little bit different.  Loptr had stood up to him, but in a slightly more subtle manner.  Yes, he had blatantly refused to obey an order, but he had done it with style.  "He can't go unpunished," Topaz pointed out.

"Oh, I know.  I'm just going to let him stew for a bit.  On the other hand, bring Scrapper 142 to me," the Grandmaster commanded her.  Topaz smirked before she left to find Valkyrie.  The Grandmaster sat in his chamber, contemplating how to properly deal with Loptr.  He knew there was only really one way to hurt him.  All he had to do was wait for Brunhilde to be brought to him.  It did not take Topaz long to bring her.  "Ah!  Scrapper 142!  I'm pleased to see you."

"You summoned me, sir.  What can I help you with this evening?" she asked impassively.  

"How is your relationship with Loptr been going behind my back?" he queried and Valkyrie stiffened ever so slightly.  

"Sir?" Valkyrie questioned.  

"Topaz has been keeping me informed and I must say, the audacity of the both of you is amazing.  I am rather astounded that his head seems to still house a stubborn and impertinent will.  However, his little demonstration in the feasting hall this evening is not appreciated.  It makes me look foolish.  After I went through the trouble of telling the All-Father that I had molded his once son into the perfect killing machine," En Dwi Gast explained, still maintaining the bored air.  Valkyrie's mind was working quickly as she tried to think of ways to salvage the situation.  Hers and Loptr's plan was not yet in its final stages, and she knew they could not rush it.  If they did anything to anger Loptr now, he would kill without hesitation or mercy; and that included innocent people.  

"What we do behind closed doors is none of Topaz's concern, therefore it's none of your concern," Brunhilde said as bravely as she could.  En Dwi Gast chuckled a little at her show of impertinence.  

"Oh, but it is my concern, when I was the one who gave you permission in the first place," he reminded.  Brunhilde tried to back up but Topaz had her cornered.  Two more of the Grandmaster's guards entered, and they restrained her.  "This 'realm' might have primitive means of assessing the physical proof of pregnancy, but we are a little more advanced," En Dwi Gast said as Valkyrie was forced to her knees.  He stood up, approached her, and put his hand under her chin, raising her head to look at him.  "You, my sweet scrapper, are pregnant with our Loptr's baby," he informed her and Valkyrie's eyes widened.  She had suspected when she missed her bleeding and started feeling nauseous, but she had been in denial about it.  "We won't tell him.  It'll be our little secret, until I deem it appropriate," En Dwi Gast informed her.  "Topaz, ask the Asgardians to keep her in their dungeons for the time being.  Say she is a traitor to me and we will deal with her upon our return."

"What if Loptr asks?  You know he will!  He will not sit quietly by as I am shut away!" Brunhilde declared.

"Is he even more rebellious than you've led us to believe?" En Dwi Gast challenged.  Valkyrie kept quiet this time, maintaining her cool.  En Dwi Gast waved his hand dismissively and Valkyrie was taken away.  Topaz returned a few minutes later.

"I don't trust Loptr," she said.

"Honestly, Topaz, you don't like anyone.  I sometimes wonder if you even like me," the Grandmaster commented.  Topaz refrained from responding.

Brunhilde was tossed into a cell and the force field was put into place.  The other criminals within taunted her, recognizing her as a former Valkyrie warrior.  Brunhilde went to a corner and sat down, slowly scanning the area.  She knew there was no way out of these cubes unless the power was cut from the outside.  

She knew that Loptr would figure out what had happened to her, and it could possibly drive him to do something desperate.  Their plan was almost at the perfect point; but if it was derailed now, neither one of them would get out of this alive.  Please, be patient, Loptr.  We have more than one reason to be careful now, she thought.