Chapter 32: Graduation

🌸 Abby 🌸

I was looking at myself in the mirror, I was wearing a White dress and black heels, I curled the ends on my hair and did my makeup. I looked at my bed and my gap and gown were laying on the bed.

I look a deep breath, I was giving the valedictorian speech at the ceremony. I grabbed my phone, clutch, cap and gown off my bed.

I walked downstairs and Bryce, Chloe, Savannah, And Mom we're waiting at the end of the stairs to take pictures.

"Aww. My baby!" My mom fanned her eyes.

"Mom we agreed no crying until the ceremony." I said rolling my eyes.

"Yeah. Mom. Even though she's grown into such a young woman." Bryce said fanning his eyes.

"Oh my lord, get yourselves together, we gotta get to the school." The calmed themselves down and we drove to the school.

I was standing in line, waiting for the ceremony to start. Jess had come to talk to me. "Breathe in, And breathe out." She said calming me. "It's just a few minute speech." I nodded and she got back in line. Soon the music started.

My line walked to our seats and we stood for the National anthem. I sat while they went through the Class speaker.

"I'd like to welcome, valedictorian, Abigail Walker to speak now." I slowly stood up and people clapped. I took a deep breath and walked to the podium.

"Hello, Class Of 2018. I had a corny joke planned out but I'm to nervous to make a joke. So, I've been with the class of 2018 since pre-school. I grew up playing with you guys in kindergarten, and grew up to having lifelong friends. When we were younger they asked us what we wanted to be when we grew up. And for the longest time, it was Princess, Doctor, Firefighter, Olympian, chef. But I took the liberty (get it. Lol liberty high, liberty. No? I'll stop) of asking a few people what they wanted to be when they grew up. I got, Marine Biologist, Veterinarian, Mechanic, Social Worker, Audio Tech. I'm proud to say, I have personally seen the class of 2018 grow into an amazing, talented, independent group of Young Adults. Guys, today we will go from being high schoolers, to graduates. These past 13 years being in school with you guys, have been the best years of my life. We have grown from playing with Barbies and Nerf Guns, to Driving, Dating, And Becoming adults. We've made friends, we've lost friends...Rest in Peace Jeffery Atkins. But growing up, actually scares me. We're gonna go separate ways from our friends, grow out of habits, and find ourselves. Growing up makes me want to go back to playing barbies with my friends, because I'm not ready to grow up yet. But to the class of 2018...I wish you the best in life, and have a lifetime of happiness doing what you love. Because it's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right. I hope you've had the time of your life." I smiled at my friends, today we are closing a chapter in this part of our life, and I'm happy to say it's with these people.

I made my way back to my seat and the band played a few songs then it was time for our diplomas.

(I'm only gonna say the main characters names because I'm too lazy to think of random people.)

"Hannah Baker."

"Jessica Davis."

"Montgomery DelaCruz"

"Zachary Dempsey."

"Justin Foley."

"Clay Jenson."