You never told me.

Chapter Three

( Nat was in his office gathering documents to submit to his dad when Barbara showed up. She was neatly dressed in a white blouse with a black pencil skirt which was knee level. She rocked them with her black heels. Nat couldn't deny the fact that she looked very attractive but he held his compliment to himself and just tried to ignore her. She took a seat in front of Nat which caused him to stop what he was doing to pay attention to what she had to say.
Barbara:   I missed you.
(Nat was silent waiting for what she had to say ).
Barbara:  Your dad's 50th Birthday is on Friday and the members of the company want to organize a Birthday party for him. Since you are his son and you know him better, we want to know his favourite hung out, his favourite foods and his favourite colours. We really want to make him feel appreciated because the companies growing nationwide was because of his hard work.
(Nat lounged on his chair before speaking).
Nat:  I don't know much about my dad. I will ask my mum about that .. I'll give you the information tomorrow.
Barbara:   Please don't forget to ask her. The day is drawing near.
(Nat nodded. As Barbara was about to leave, Nat mentioned her name so she turned).
Nat:   How are you?
( she heavies deeply )
Barbara:  I am fine but I miss you so much.
Nat: And the kids? How are they?
Barbara:   They are okay. They will be proceeding to class one this year.
Nat:  when is their graduation?
Barbara:   I don't know yet. I'll find out from their school today when I pick them up.
Nat:   Okay.
( He said with disappointment since he is no longer living with them again. Barbara realized Nat's mood had changed )
Barbara:  Maybe I can bring them over for Dad's Birthday party so you can meet them.
(Nat smiled)
Nat:   I will be very happy if you do that.
(Barbara smiled and left his office. He was left in his thought).

Nat's House
Josephine went home to make dinner. She couldn't stop thinking about what Tracy had told them earlier on. She decided to ask him about it but he came home very late. She was asleep on the couch when he came in. He admired her for sometime before waking her up).
Josephine: You are home so late. I served your dinner but I'm sure it's cold now. Let me reheat it for you.
Nat:  Don't worry. I ate at work.
Josephine: I guess you are very tired. I wanted us to talk.
Nat: what's it about?
Josephine:  I can't remember now. I'm so sleepy.
Nat:   Baby.
Josephine:   Yes.
Nat:  from tomorrow till Friday please don't wait for me before you go to bed. I'll be very busy this week at the office.
Josephine:  I can make dinner and bring it to your office.
( Nat was scared)
Nat:   No don't worry. The work will provide us with food.
Josephine:   What about visiting you at your office?
Nat:   I'll be very busy and I don't think I will have time to spend with you. Just move on with your daily activities okay.
Josephine:   Okay
(He kissed her forehead, hugged her tightly and carried her to the bedroom. The week was very busy for Nat. Planning his Dad's birthday party alongside reading and signing some documents . The day was getting closer and all the workers were working really hard to make their boss' Birthday memorable. The day before the birthday, Barbara was entering her children's school to pick them up when she met Tracy coming out with her children. They were surprised to see each other and hugged. Tracy whispered to her kids to play around while she chats with Barbara.  She followed Barbara to the summer hut in their school to have a discussion.
Barbara:   It's been so long, Tracy. You looking so good.
Tracy: You are looking gorgeous and gorgeous each day. The surgery did you good.
Barbara:  I guess you can say that.
( They laughed).
Barbara:   How's the family?
Tracy: By his grace everyone is fine. I didn't know your kids attended this school.
Barbara:  neither did I. That's a coincidence.
Tracy:  Yeah. days ago, I met Josephine at the mall. Did you know she was in Ghana.
Barbara: Josephine is in Ghana? [rhetorical question ]. When did she arrive?
Tracy:  she arrived a month ago
Barbara: That's great [she paused]. Before I forget, I'm having a party tomorrow for my father-in-law and I'll be very happy if you could come along with Josephine.
Tracy: I didn't know you were married. I have missed.
Josephine: Come for the party tomorrow and I'll tell you everything you missed [excited]
Tracy: Okay sure. I have nothing doing tomorrow so I'll definitely come. I'll call Josephine to inform her and I hope she has nothing doing tomorrow.
Barbara: That was will be great [excited]. But please don't let her know who I am yet. I want it to be a surprise to her.
Tracy: Okay. Have a wonderful day. I'll see you tomorrow.
( they hugged and went their separate ways).