2| My Name Is

Finally, a creature that will be worth his time. His eyes traced every line of her, making mental notes while listening to the rampage of emotions in her accelerating heart. Her lack of confidence and self-esteem was a delicious treat. It aroused him to read her desires of want and belonging. She wasn't much of a looker, but he knew with time he could change that. He could and would change everything about her. She would be his greatest find yet.

"T-Thank you," her voice low as the words uttered from her lips.

"Are you hurt?" He spoke with charm and ease to relax her nervousness.

"A klutz like me wears bruises with pride. Thank you again. I must get going." She hurried her sentences before attempting to take off.

"Whoa there," he held out his hand to stop her. "Don't you think introductions are in order?"

The beats of her heart graduated to overtime. No one ever took this much time with her. It confused her why he was still around. "What for?" She backed away. "Who I am is not important."

Hmm, nervous, awkward. Doesn't interact a lot and zero experience with the opposite sex or any sex, for that matter. A virgin in every sense of the word. He assessed. "On the contrary. You are very important, my dear." He responded.

Those words ignited an interest in her, but her experience with the world made her hesitate more, and he felt this. "Is it some sort of secret?" His thick eyebrow perched.

"No."

"So then tell me, or should I guess? I'm fantastic at guessing." He winked.

She frowned on his persistence but fell curious in the same. There wasn't a chance he would guess her name. "You can try." She answered.

A slight tilt of his head followed a smirk from lips as he gazed at her. He crossed his arms, index finger lightly tapping his lip as he pretended to guess. Her name tipped his tongue as the curiosity of whether she will make him to recite it in less formal circumstances. Another push from below nudged his anxiousness at getting this started sooner. "Eve, interesting name for an interesting girl." He replied.

Her lips parted in shock until she wandered down and noticed her name tag on her sweater. Of course. "Well, I would deem you as clever, but that would insult my intelligence as my name tag made it easy for you."

"Don't be so hard on yourself. You seem to do that often. So..." he relaxed his arms. "Would you like to know mine?"

Eve's nervousness spiked as she conversed with the stranger. She was sure once she learned his name and ended this peculiar niceties, he would be well on his way. "Of course, but I will not guess."

"I wouldn't expect you to." He smiled. "However, I am known by many names: devil, Satan, Lucifer-I stick to that one the most." He wiggled his brows.

Eve stared at him, waiting for the punchline while having the inkling there wasn't one. He grinned at her silence, but waited patiently for a response. "Umm...Yeah...so I'll be leaving now." Eve stepped away, but he blocked her.

"You don't believe me?" He grinned.

"Of course I don't. Maybe you're the one that has hit your head."

He humorlessly chuckled at her disbelief. "Typical human behavior." He mumbled, but she heard him clearly. "Fine. I am who I am dear, but for you..." he moved closer to her and extended his hand. "Nice to meet you, Eve. My name is Taehyung."

↣ ♡𝒸𝓊𝓅𝒾𝒹♡ ↢

↣ ♡𝒸𝓊𝓅𝒾𝒹♡ ↢