CHAPTER 41: KISS ME, NO

"If you come out I promise to tell you everything."

I stared at it for what felt longer than a minute. And one thing was for sure I wouldn't get an answer if I didn't step out of  the four walls of the room.

Turning the knob attached to the door i popped my head out and i see Abdullah standing tall holding a marker, writing on another card with the cover of the black marker in his mouth.

Our eyes met and he slowly stopped what he was doing Looking at me he smiled. "How was your night?" He asked. I held my self from rolling my eyes about to shut the door when he continued.

He waved his hand. "Wait. I am sorry. "He sighed.

"I got you pancakes. You need to eat. Take your drugs before we talk." I looked to the side and there it was on a plate with honey and a piece of strawberry on top which Roselyn held in both arms.

I took it mumbling a low 'Thank you.' to her. Leaving the door open for him. I sat on the bed crossed my leg at my ankle eating the delicious pancakes. I was eating it like a savage i was starving, I hadn't eaten since last night.

I looked up to him and i see him holding a bag with my drugs in it and a bottle of water in his other hand. I wonder where he threw the marker and paper he was holding.

He leaned on the wall putting his hands in his pocket after dropping the items beside me. He waited until i was done eating and had taken my drugs.

"Four months before you had your accident." He began talking causing my attention to drift.

"How did i get involved in the accident." I couldn't even let him finish. I was eager.

"It's a long story, but i will get there." He goes off the wall walking towards me. I took the plate from my thighs dropping it by my side wiping my lips with my shirts sleeves.

"Four months before your accident my mother and sister's came to Abuja. You weren't happy that they came. I just thought you were over reacting with the entire issue. And well probably you wanted to be alone but it turns out to be a different story. I was always at work, So i always liked the idea that you weren't home alone anymore. I didn't know what was happening while i was gone. You would always come and give out complains, small hints here and there, About how they treated you and I didn't want to believe. One time Basma got on your nerves and you slapped her." My brows rose up.

"So i told her not to come without an invitation. My mother was always siding with them even when they were doing the wrong thing it was annoying but what could i do. If i supported her it would be unfair to you and if i had your back she would say i wasn't on her side. So i gave Basma rules to follow. But a few weeks later after we came back from Egypt." He buried his fingers in his eyes. As if contemplating to tell me or not.

"Basma and Yushrah. I don't know. I have np idea if they did it together or not, But they pushed you. "

"Pushed?" I asked trying to understand what he meant. Push could be a small push causing you to trip or even a lighter one a shove.

"They Pushed you down the stairs. They both left you to die. They had no remorse over it and that is why i don't want anything to do with them." My lips hung open.

How don't i remember this

I couldn't wrap my head around all what he said. "You mean i am in this condition because of Basma? But what did i ever do?"

"No,  You didn't do anythin-."

"No, I must have done something if they let me to die."

"Don't put the blame on yourself. You have been nothing but nice to those stupid girls."