The stranger in red

I never thought that thing could change in an instant like these did. I guess even the good things in life seem to die out  the fastest. I sat down thinking of everything that had just happened before me. Crumpling a paper in my hand. When did everything change? Why did this happen? What was I doing? Oh wait I remember now.

It was the anniversary of my parents. Father was not a very wealthy man but he made decent money as a business man and he had just gotten moved up into a higher rank. Mother was a maid for a very wealthy family that treated her well and paid well. They had met by chance and they have never been out of love since. I was walking though town buying things to celebrate Fathers promotion and their anniversary. I walked into a simple haberdashery to find father something. And a watch had stuck out to me. It was simple and shiny, the color was silver and it was a smooth round thing. There was a silver chain holding it in place and the inside was filled with bronze cogs and springs.

I had pointed to the watch and the young man working the counter had brought it out. It was even prettier up close. Smiling I looked up at the boy.

"Could i have something engraved onto it? I will pay the extra amount." I asked the man sweetly.

"Yes. For a lover I am guessing." he said raising an eyebrow. I smiled at him again shaking my head.

"No, for my father. He had gotten a promotion at work and my parents anniversary is today and I am getting them both gifts. Father likes things simple and his watch had been stolen a few days ago."

"Does he not have another?"

"He does but he does not like to use it. It belonged in our family for generations and he means to pass it along to his son but I am an only child. So it will pass to a son if I bare one. If not I will keep it going in our family." he nodded understanding.

"What would you like it to say?"

I pondered this for a moment before responding to the man. "To my father. To count every moment we have together. To see the brighter side of life. To remember I love you."

The man smiled at the words I had chosen and said that I could pick it up in a few hours. I nodded and moved on to find the parlor shop. While walking the crowds I had noticed a young boy with blue hair and his one eye was covered with an eye patch. He was dressed in high class attire with a tall man beside him. He had the hair the color of my ravens Ithrul and Savian. His eyes were red as a ruby and they were walking around with a bubbly young girl with blonde rings. He seemed very happy with the boy and the man, made me wonder if they are siblings and the man is there father.

While they were walking I noticed the boy had something fall from the bag, dues to a hole, the man was carrying and no one noticed. I moved over to the object and i found a small box. I did not open the box due to my own manners and walked after the trio. I saw the boy turn to the man and ask for something. The man had looked in the bag and his face went ridged. I saw him tell the boy something and the boy looked mad.

I was now close enough to hear them speak.

"How could you lose that? It is a box not to hard to find a box but on the streets of London any one could have grabbed it and pawned it off. That necklace was for Lizzie." the boy yelled at the man. The man placed a hand over his heart and bowed.

"I am sorry master I will go find it immediately." he had returned to his position and was about to turn away and walk off before I had spoke. Causing them both to look at me.

"Excuse me sir! I believe you dropped this. Is this the box I heard you ask about? I am sorry for eavesdropping on your conversation." I said hanging my head down as I held out the box. The boy looked at me in shock and the man gave me a smile. Raising my head I looked at the boy and gave him a small smile. "You should know that the bag this fell out of has a rather large hole in it."