The stranger in black

The sun had not moved much since i had sent Ithrul out to the morticians parlor and i was getting worried about him. Savian was also worried as she flew around my room and jumping off and on other items in there. Be it a vase holding withering flowers of the ink well on the desk. I had not left my room not wanting to see the corpses of the people i loved. My heart has turned a shade darker since that day. Deep inside i wanted that man to suffer but i also knew what that meant if one of them found out. Once before i had a friend who had made a deal like that. He had his family slain out of pure hatred for them. A demon with dirty brown hair and deep blue eyes ate his soul after the dead had been complete. I hated him for slaying his own family when they had done nothing wrong but it makes me wonder why someone took mine away from me.

I had to force myself out of my room due to the loud growling my stomach had begun to make. Entering the halls i found that the sound of iron had dissipated and vanished completely. It made me wonder if everything i saw was an illusion but the blood stain on the wallpaper told me other wise. I sighed and turned to the closet mother kept full of cleaning supplies and filled up a bucket from the tap. I poured a bit of lemon juice in with the warm water and i felt a tear slip into it. My mother had taught me to clean up like a true maid and i have just begun to gather the supplies.

Carrying the bucket i moved into the other room and the hall. Getting on my knees i began to scrub away the red stains. The smell taking over my sense. Little by little the stains faded away taking the only piece of them away. I should not be getting over sentimental about the blood of a fallen friend but i may have started to go around the bend. The memories of trapped within these walls had begun to mock me as i wiped away everything that kept me sane. Every petal that withered took a smile away with it from the gardener. Every hair ribbon i found laying around took my sister figure away. Every dull knife that hung on the wall took the sweet man away.

I moved to the dining room where the dinner that never was eaten lay cold and dusty. Every glass that shined captured a reflection of the master that owned them. Every tick of the clock on the wall and every chime it sung took the punctuality that i had grown familiar with. The last dinner i threw away that my parents had tried to eat. Their gifts were waiting on the chairs they sat in, haunting me with the sweet words i had chosen for my father.

The gloves that i had gotten my mother laid in a praying position towards the window, the watch held between them. The image burning it's way into my mind forever. As the smell of lemons filled the manor and the only sound that was heard was my heart beating. I moved back upstair to my room and laid on my bed. The afternoon tea would have been made by now but i felt like i needed nothing even when my body cried for it.

But no one even knew about me right? I never thought mother talked about me to her employer then it hit me. I had to write to them but i did not want to send Savian out with Ithrul gone. I did not want to be alone any more than i was already. The smell of the evening came return of Ithrul with a reply from the morticians parlor if they had even replied to my letter. The sun had turned a bright red as my wonder turned to disappointment at the facts that they had not responded and Ithrul was still gone.

I heard a faint caw and i looked at Savian as she rested her head on my hand and i picked her up and stroked her. Calmly humming to her and to myself as the pain only grew thinking that no one would help me and that no one would even come.

"I am frightened Savian, aren't you? I must write to Mama's master and tell them of the news but i don't wish to send you out without Ithrul returned." I looked lovingly down at her. "You must be hungry, i shall give you a treat." I moved to the kitchen holding her while i searched for a bit of bread. Savian had already hopped from my grasp and flew towards the window happily cawing.