The acquaintance in red

The carriage jerked as it started to move away from the grave yard and the chapel. Then entire time Undertaker sat opposite of me without a smile. This struck me as odd and Ithrul began to glare at him. Savian hopped around my shoulders watching him with everything but happiness in her eyes, then he cracked a small smile. But his face turned back into a simple pondering one. Which was beginning to worry me. What about him, was this not his treat for planning everything? I glanced up at him once again and found him starring right at me, studying me. 

I turned away and stroked Ithrul while my shoulders tensed. Why was he watching me? The minutes seemed to feel like hours and while we went i thought this ride would never end. But i was wrong when the carriage came to a stop outside of his parlor. He opened the door and paid the driver with shillings and i don't even know where he got them. He came back to the door and held out his hand for me to take it. Savian cawed at him and he drew back but his face held a smile. I stood up and stepped out of the carriage.

The parlor was just like how it was days ago. Coffins littered the floors and walls while a skull jar sat upon the desk. He walked over to one of the coffins on the floor and pointed.

"Sit deary." his voice was a mixture of comforting and stern. I kinda liked it like that. Unknown why. He walked into the back of the shop and did not reappear for a while. Ithrul looked at the shop and i released my comforting grasp around him, letting him flutter around the room he had come to know a bit. He sat perched upon the skull jar while Savian slept next to him. I looked down at my hands trying to think of something. Then i heard the sound of clinking coming from the back. Then Undertaker came back with a tea tray and i could smell the tea from the kettle.

I seemed to savor the smell but i kept myself composed. He poured me a cup and set it in front of me. Then he sat down across from me and watched me. I looked at the cup but never moved to touch it.

"Drink, You don't want to be the next one i prepare do you?" He said with a small laugh but his voice was stern again.

"I am okay without it." i replied, giving him a small smile. He did not have one on his face but instead he picked up the cup and put it in my hands.

"Drink." again i looked only at the cup. The black color reflecting the poor amount of light that actually came in here. I moved no move again. "Did you not hear me? Drink, it will do you better than drinking just water and when was the last time you actually ate something? Your skin is hanging off of your bones."

"i can't." i said quietly. He sighed taking the cup from my hand and he took a sip of it. I remained looking down until i felt his hand raise my chin. Than i felt something cold and warm at the same time. My eyes widened as he had given me the tea via his own mouth. A small blush had come to my face and he pulled back after the tea had left his mouth. "I refuse for you to spit it out, swallow." I did as i was told and my face still had a blush. He might have given me tea but he was given my first kiss. He had a smile as stepped back, he gave a small chuckle before speaking once more. "Now that was not hard, was it?"

I said nothing but my face was red. My heart was beating loudly in my ears and probably out loud. I took the cup and raised it to my lips not wanting him to give me it again, i sipped it and i felt warm inside. He had a smile again while he handed me a dog biscuit. I looked at it oddly but i took it. Thinking it was for the ravens. I was about to break off a piece when i saw him bite one of his own. A man eating dog biscuits? I guess he wanted me to do the same. I instead gave it a small nibble and it was surprisingly edible.

It was like a normal biscuit and was pleasantly sweet. Then a knock was heard and i looked at the door. Undertaker moved to my side and wrapped an arm around my waist protectively. The door burst open and in stepped Grell. He looked up and down us both before giving a small cry out in a dramatic effect.