power outage📚

(John's POV)

"You know what I haven't done in like, forever?" My best friend, Smii7y, asks me while we're on a discord call together after a recording session.

"What?" I ask in response to his previous question.

"Had a sleepover. Like a real one, with movies and staying up late and all of that stuff." He says like it was the most obvious thing in the world. And now that I think about it, the last time I had been to a sleepover was in 8th grade.

"Huh, now that you mention it, same here." After a few moments of comfortable silence, he decides to speak up.

"You wanna have a sleepover? I can be at your place in under an hour." (pretend they live in the same state and country for that matter.) He says suddenly, making my eyes widen slightly at his request.

"Uhh, sure, I'll see you in an hour or less, then?"

"Hell yeah, you will, biotch, later John!" He says and ends the call before I can say anything. I sit back in my chair and look around at my room, my messy room.

"I need to clean this shit up," I say to myself, getting up and making my way down to the kitchen to fill up my water bottle before heading back up to get everything ready for tonight.

Timeskip like 50 minutes

"Aaaaaaaand done!" I say, putting the last pillow on the now made guest bed. I look up and around the room to see all the work that was done, only to hear the sound of rain hitting the roof and windows. Huh. I must have been to busy with cleaning to notice the rain.

"I hope Smitty has an umbrella," I say to myself, wondering if he was caught in the rain or not.

My thoughts were interrupted by the ringing of my doorbell. Speak of the devil and he shall come, I guess. I make my way through the house and over to the door. I open it only to be greeted by a sopping Smitty, who looks like he regrets all his life decisions. An amused smile makes its way onto my face and I snort a little.

"Would you like to come in?" I say and he looks at me like he wants to kill me.

"You know what? No, I wouldn't, I'd like to stay out here in the cold, dark rain, with the possibility of getting sick, instead of going inside to change into some warm and dry clothes. Yes, you ballsack, I want to come in." He says before pushing passed me and into my house, where he drops his, soaking wet, bag onto a nearby chair and shaking his head like a dog.

"Hey!" I say, trying to block some of the water with my arms and laughing. He stops and moves over to his bag on the chair.

"Ah shit, all my clothes are wet now." He says, pulling out wet clothes.

"I can wash those for you, and you can borrow some of my things for now, if you want," I say looking away from him and making my way over to my room, thank god my house only has one floor.

"That would be awesome, but would any of your stuff fit me?" He says as he follows me into my room, pointing out the somewhat noticeable side difference between us as I reach into the bottom drawer of my dresser and pull out some of my older shirts and pants.

"I'm sure I have some older stuff you can use." I pull out some of the smaller ones that are still comfortable and hold them out to him.

"Great, I'm getting your hand-me-downs." He says sarcastically.

"Don't act so excited," I replied raising my eyebrows.

"Shut up," He says grabbing the clothes from my hands and walking over to my bathroom. I watched as he walked away before grabbing the rest of his stuff and bringing it over to the guest room and placing it at the end of the bed, luckily it wasn't as soaking wet as him.