Chapter 9

Anthony walked out the bathroom with a smirk on his face. He knew that when Harmony saw what he left she was gonna kill him.

But he just couldn't help himself. I mean she did tempt him with that short dress.

"So Anthony dear. What was the name of that girl that you were talking about?"

Anthony smirked secretly as he saw Harmony enter into the room. She shot him a dirty look as she sat down next to Julia on the sofa.

"Her name is Har-lee. Her name Harley." He stopped himself when he saw the look on Harmony's face.

"Oh. She sounds…. Nice." His mother said kind of disappointed.

Of course Mrs. Jackson wanted her son and Harmony to be together. They were perfect for one another and if they couldn't see it, then they was as blind as a bat.

"When will we be able to meet this Harley?" His dad asked.

I'm pretty sureyou already have. Anthony thought to himself, "Soon."

***

The next day Harmony sat in her office at the bakery replaying the past days events. She had never met anyone like Anthony and it shocked her.

She had never acted that way around a man, but he did things to her. He made her feel, loved for once in her life. She could see her life changing for the better.

Anewman, anew life. Anewme.

Harmony's phone began to ring and she looked at the caller ID and smiled. "Hey dad."

"Good morning sweetheart. How is everything?" Her dad asked. He loved his daughter, she was the only person he had left since his precious wife went to walk with the angels, besides his son of course.

"Everything is fine dad. The more important question is are you ok?"

"I'm fine sweetheart. Just waiting on someone to sweep my baby girl off her feet." He joked.

"Haha your funny."

"I know. But I have to go, I have an appointment. And your brother will be taking me I love you sweets."

"Love you to dad." And they hung up.

Harmony glanced at herself in he mirror on the wall. She saw that the hickey Anthony left on her neck. She laughed to herself remembering the girl he made up as an excuse to his parents.

Iwonderhowhe'sgoingtopullthatoff.

She began to go over some finances dealing with the bakeries and was interrupted by a knock at her door.

"Come in." She said not looking up.

Julia stormed into the office wanting answers. She knew something was going on between her brother and her best friend and she wanted to get to the bottom of it.

"What's up." Harmony said as she saw Julia walk in.

"Oh. I don't know. You tell me what's up." Julia snapped back.

"I don't know what your talking about." Harmony said unsure.

"What the hell is going on with you and my brother?" Julia demanded.

Harmony gasped and looked up at Julia with a shocked expression.

Anthony sighed as he got out of another business meeting. He entered his office and began to undo his tie and proceeded to throw it on the couch by the door.

"What's up my man." Brandon said bursting through Anthony's door, just as he sat in his chair.

"What Brandon?" Anthony said irritated he just wanted to relax.

"A girl called for you earlier, I think her name was Harmony or something like that."

Anthony's eyes snapped toward Brandon, "When?".

"About an hour ago."

"Okay. Thanks, bye." He dismissed him.

A few minutes after his departure Anthony received a call.

He simply ignored it and listened to the voicemail, "Hey Tony baby. It's me Veronica, Im back. I have missed you so much and was wondering if we could meet up for lunch. I love you and call me back ASAP."

Anthony stiffened it was Victoria. His ex-fiance.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

Omg, Anthony was engaged?!?!

Sorry for such a short chapter, but you guys are amazing.

This book is at 5.8k reads. Thanks so much for all the reads comments votes.

QFTC: WhoshouldplayVeronica?

Teaser: None. Waituntilnextchapter.

P.S. IfsomeofyouguysdidntseethepicofAnthonyfromthelastchapter.AnthonyisNickBateman. Tellmewhatyou think…

Andsorryforalateupdate, IrecentlyhavehadacoldandI'mtryingtogetridofit.

Vote (70)

Comments (10)

Enjoy