Chapter Twelve

"What are you doing here?" I asked, flustered.

"I came here for you, fag. Nixon is coming home for the weekend and we need to keep up appearances. That includes you." my father sneered as he reached out to grab my arm. I took a step back; Austin then walked into the room and noticed what was going on. Austin then put himself between me and my father.

"Out of my way, kid, I'm here for my son," my father insisted.

"No," Austin replied steadfastly.

"What, you gonna try and stop me?" my father said, seething with anger

"No, but I am." My father turned to see a very angry looking Logan standing there.

"Who are you, kid?" My father asked angrily.

"I'm the kid that's going to take you down if you don't get out of here now" Logan responded commandingly.

"Try me!" my father said, moving closer to Logan. Austin stayed close in front of me. Then my father swung a huge right hook at Logan, who simply dodged out of the way. This was followed by an equally powerful left hook; Logan just grabbed my father's arm midair, stopping it in place. My father's eyes went wide, then narrowed as he glared at Logan.

"Wolf?" he said, as if the very word was as offensive to him as "gay".

"Alpha," Logan shot back, his eyes glowing red.

"Fine, I'll leave. But remember, I will return, and when I do, I don't plan on asking nicely!" my father snarled as he walked off. After my father left, Logan turned back to Austin and I.

"Who was that?" Logan asked, angrily.

"My father," I responded sheepishly.

"And what was all that about?" Logan asked, still looking furious.

"We should probably head inside; there's a lot to talk about," Austin interjected.

Inside, I sat on the couch with Logan and launched into my story as Austin went to go make some food. I talked for about an hour, about everything that happened with my parents, my coming out, everything that has happened.

"......Then when I opened the door and I thought it was you, but it was my father, and he talked about Nixon. I haven't talked to Nixon in months; apparently my parents haven't either 'cause they want to look like the perfect little family," I finished.

"Why did you never tell anybody, like Austin or me?" Logan asked, sympathetically.

"I didn't know how Austin would react, and I didn't know you; I only had a crush on you" I slapped my hand over my mouth as the last bit slipped from my mouth.

"Oh, you have a crush on me?" Logan said, smiling.

"Uh...maybe," I said shyly.

"Well, is it yes or no?" Logan said teasingly.

"How does he know about werewolves?" I then asked.

"No clue; he could be a hunter. I'll check with Anna," Logan responded. "And what was that about a crush on me?"

I changed the topic "How did you get back here anyway?"

This time Logan went red. "I was just gonna stop by and talk about werewolf stuff, you know like werewolf 101."

"Lucky timing, I guess," I said.