Chapter Nineteen

I was pacing around the room my mind racing as fear ripped through my entire body. Logan was trying to calm me down following my pacing. Which only stressed me out more.

"She's going to come for me again," I said over and over again.

"I won't let that happen; you'll be safe with me," Logan answered.

"No, she's gonna come for me!" I answered, running my hand over my scar.

Logan must have had enough as he walked over and wrapped me in a hug, pulling my head into his chest.

"I will not let her touch you," Logan whispered into my ear as he hugged me tightly.

I hugged in closer to his chest, feeling very comforted by being near Logan. I stayed in Logan's embrace until his phone went off. Logan half pulled away and answered.

"Hello? Hey, Dad....yeah, I saw on the news...you found her pack mark? You're sure?...okay...thanks...love you, too." Logan then hung up.

"What was that?" I asked

"Confirmation," Logan answered grimly.

At that moment there was a frantic knock on the door before Joanna barged in.

"Did you see the news?" Joanna asked, walking in.

"Yeah, we'll talk about it in the kitchen when everyone gets here," Logan answered.

It was not long after Joanna arrived, the twins arrived as well. We all walked into the kitchen where everyone was gathered nervously.

"What's going on?" Austin asked as we sat down.

"It appears Jade has decided to declare war on us and Anna's pack," Logan started.

"Are we sure it's Jade and the Titus pack?" Luke asked, making the others nod.

"Yeah, my dad was on the scene; he found a Titus pack symbol there. I'm not sure if the rest of her pack is behind her on this, but this is a dramatic step that I doubt she would have taken if she didn't have her pack behind her. I have an idea about it but it's not good." Logan said.

"What is it?" Peter asked impatiently.

"I don't want to make any wild assumptions like we already have been until I hear from Anna. Now let's get focused; we have to be ready for Lucian. He should be here soon," Logan then said, trying to calm the room as he left to watch at the door for Lucian.

"We should team up with Anna and attack them--take the initiative before they come for us! This is obviously some kind of declaration of war. She told Conner that she'd come for us; maybe she's finally ready!" Luke suddenly spoke up, looking at all of us in the room, a sort of fire in his eyes.

"I agree, I don't like the idea of jade just lurking around ready to strike at any moment," Joanna added.

"I hate to say it, but yeah, let's attack," Austin then said, sadness in his voice, Austin never really was one for violence.

I stared at the three of them; I couldn't believe what they had just said. They wanted us to attack, with intent to hurt or even kill them! It didn't make sense...this wasn't a rational line of thinking. I mean, I would expect this out of Peter, the "attack first, think later" option, but out of Austin, Luke, and Joanna, I would have never expected this.

"You idiots! Attacking would do no better than to soak the ground with blood, most likely your own blood!" A voice spoke up at the door. We all turned around to see a man in about his mid-thirties standing there next to Logan. "If you attack them, you lose. For Jade to make this big of an aggression, that means something has changed for her and her pack. So, if you six untrained and undisciplined kids, who've never fought in battle before, go after Jade, you'll lose and you'll die." The man finished looking at all serious.