Green Tea

I called the number Heather had given me yesterday and I was worried she wouldn't pick up, she might be too busy, or perhaps at work with her paper company maybe.  Finally after phone rang four times she picked it up and was surprised that it had been me, and I asked her if she would like to go out to tea with me, I knew a place in New York where no fangirl could find me which was a blessing.  She said yes to my invite and I told her to meet me at the cafe' at 8 AM.

     I took a secret taxi down to the cafe' and I told the driver that if anyone comes in here, don't tell them that I was sitting in this taxi.  If the driver told the next set of people that he just had me, Paul McCartney in the car, people would want to ask of where I went and they would follow me.  My other lads were hanging out back at the hotel rehearsing in there rooms alone, they prefer doing that anyways, although whenever I'm there they intend on playing a practice tune together.

  Anyways, I arrive at the cafe wearing different clothing, a light blue collared shirt, a dark black bowlers hat, some light brown trousers, and the same black shoes. I walked inside tipping my hat down a little and I looked up to see her sitting quietly hat a table alone reading over some notes, and I smiled humbly, I walked over at sat at the table with her.  Quickly removing my hat she finally recognized me,

"Oh my, I could barely recognize you at first!  That's amazing."

I chuckled to myself when she said that.  

"I just didn't want anyone to notice who I was that's all.  The people around here in New York." I said to her looking around. 

   The waitress came over and asked us what we wanted and I ordered a brewed tea with honey, lemon, with one sugar cube.  For Heather, she got a green tea with two sugars, I thought that had been clever because I knew how much healthy it was to have a green tea.  I folded my hands together politely and asked,

"So how's your story coming along?"

"It's been fine, I'm just thinking up the first lede to kick off the story." 

"Who do you write for?"

"I write for the The Washington Post Mr. McCartney." She said.

"Well now, you don't have call me that, I'll be happy to be called Paul." I said to her with my brows up.  She nodded her head smiling,

"Yes of course, um, this is not going to go to the post or anything but, do you like animals? Dog or Cat person?"

"I prefer dogs, though I've never really had one before.  What about you?"

"I like the Sheepdog, they can be big and fluffy although hard to groom sometimes.  But, they are such lovely animals."  She said her hands clasped together.

I scoffed with surprised, "What a coincidence, because, I like sheepdogs as well, I just don't really have the money and time to get one currently.  I like your taste by the way, the green tea,"

 "Oh yes, my family has always told me to drink green tea, my mother says it's extremely good for your health."

"Interesting."

     When our drinks seem to have finally arrived we seemed to have taken a sip at the same time, as I looked from my cup, seeing her sip at her green tea, she looked up to me as well, it's like our minds were telling us something that I couldn't even say or talk about.  There was always that one moment where we just looked at eachother, and we have a feeling of care and kindness to one another.  I just didn't know why we were like this, what did this mean to me?  Why do I have a feeling like this?  

    It had only been a day after the Sullivan Show and learned to know a little bit more about Heather and what she does, she used to be a photographer for another company, she also likes to paint picture of landscape which I thought was very lovely.  To be honest, I think she's a real smart and beautiful woman that I liked.  But, what did I mean by that?  Like. Well, maybe a few more dates will tell, other then that I think she might mean something more to me.

  When we walked out of the cafe' the two of us knew that we were very polite to one another, we also had high expectations for eachother as well, I knew that she was a very talent and beautiful person.  For Heather herself, she respected me as a great musician and kind-hearted man, we both knew we were trying to respect one another in that moment, even for a first date.  I was formal and she was as well, in the back of my mind I knew that I really had an interest for her.

  We parted ways back to our own work place, digging deep into our minds on what we needed to do next for our jobs, for me however, I had a feeling inside that I just had to tell someone, and there was only one person that I trusted the most with my feelings.  John.  I returned to the hotel nearing the noon time and I knocked at John's bedroom door,

"Hey Lennon could I talk to you for a second?"

"Yes, what do you need?" He replied to me.

"Listen, I just went out for some tea with a very lovely lady, and I just can't hide it away."

"Do you really like her Paul?" He asked with his arms crossed with a smile.

"Yeah, she's beautiful and talented with the things she does, and I guess I need some advice."

John gave me a grin and said, "Sure thing, come on in."

I walked into his room and I sat at his desk area as he sat on the edge of his bed.  Then I looked to him,

"How can I impress this girl so that she'll want to go out with me more?"

"Flirt with her, make her laugh at a few jokes, something she'll get, she will want to hang out with you more.  Y'know, you don't want to make the dates awkward, you want the dates to be fun and enjoyable.   How many dates have you gone on?"

"Just one." I said plainly.

"Well, you need to ask her out more and be more funny with things, she'll begin to like you and would want to come closer to you.  Right now your ten feet apart, telling eachother how much you admire one another all that stuff,  for you Paul, you need to get your secret weapon out,"

"What's my secret weapon?" I asked.

"Your face, your face attracts all the girls and you need to be adorable in front of her, but also attractive.  It worked with my first wife, until we sort of became split, but, it still works!  All you need to do is to get her to like you more, and at the same time, be polite and kind."  John finished.

     I knew he was right, maybe taking John's advice will work, and it does sound promising.  I'm a pretty formal and honest respectful person, although I do still ask myself panic questions inside of my head like, what do I do on a first date?  What kind of flowers does she like?  What cologne should I spray on?  Or like, how should I act when I'm with her?  All those things are bunched up in a corner of the back of my mind, and all I have to do is answer them one by one and let life pass by slowly.