Chapter Ten: Black

I cleaned up the last piece of glass and looked outside as the realtor put the "for sale" sign in my front lawn. I sat on the floor for a week straight after Malachi left, hoping he'll come back and forgive me for everything and the damage I caused. He never came and I now realize he never will. When I made the decision to sell the house I called him, but I'm assuming he has a new number. Not a moment goes by that I don't think about them, especially my boys. But I made my bed and I have to lay in it.

I zipped up my bag and grabbed it and left out the house. I looked back at it and sighed. So many family memories were made in this place. Now all I'll have is pictures to remind me of everything.

"Mrs. Oneal, is everything set?" the realtor asked me.

"It's all yours."

"I don't mind to pry but-"

"Then don't."

I threw my bags in the trunk of my truck and walked over to the driver's side. Malachi leaving took everything out of me. Every sense of reality, every emotion, I no longer have attachment to. I didn't know how I was going to move on from here. All I know is, listening to my father got me into this shit. I will never put complete blame on him, because I was the one that agreed. Had it been up to me though, we would've had Zion from the beginning. Now that I think about it, we never had to do anything Juno said at all. We played along with his game like puppets and I let him do it. I would've still be happy. I would've still had my family.

I made a quick U-turn and drove towards my father's house. If no one else can fix this shit, it needs to be him. He's so knee deep in this shit he might as well find out who robbed me too. 'Cause them fuckers have to die.

I pressed the alarm button on my key chain to lock my truck and jogged up the steps to the front porch. My father's mailbox was full to capacity with envelopes and sales papers, I can tell he hasn't been home in a couple days. Which has me wondering even more what the hell he's really into. I used my spare key and unlocked the front door and let myself in.

"Dad?" No answer.

I walked into the kitchen and grabbed one of the liquor bottles I know my father tries to hide underneath the kitchen sink. I sat down at the kitchen table wrecking my brain about what my next move is going to be. I've always had a plan for the future. I always had a plan to back up another plan in case anything fell through, but no planning could prepare me for the emptiness I feel. I tossed the bottle back and took a big gulp as I felt the tears begin to fall.

Hours must've passed because it was suddenly dark outside. I was too deep in the depression of my life that I hadn't noticed until I got up to throw the bottle away and realized I couldn't see. I stumbled to the wall and hit the light switch.

"My fuckin life ... is over!" I yelled to the empty room.

Thoughts of Juno flooded my mind. He's the reason I'm in this shit to begin with.

"Fuckin ... rotella eatin' ass fucker!"

I walked to the basement door and clicked on the light. Since Juno ruined my life I'm going to ruin his and everyone else around him. I stumbled drunkenly down the steps to my father's gun case. I grabbed a duffel bag that was sitting off in the corner and dragged it to the case. I put every weapon my father had in the display into the bag. I put the bag over my shoulder and walked up the basement stairs and out the door. I got myself together enough to drive and not get pulled over.

"Time to lullaby this shit." I mumbled.

I drove to every corner I knew Juno owned and killed every nigga that was part of his crew. Every trap house that was connected to him, I stole the money and killed them niggas too. One thing you won't do, is fuck up my family. I was good in my little house with a picket fence being a wife and a mother. I was satisfied with my bull shit job as a secretary for a man that I can't remember his name half the time. My everyday cycle made me happy. But a mother fucker fucked it up 'cause he can't seem to build his brand on his own like the rest of us did.