Chapter Twenty-Nine: Junior

I tossed the bottle of Remy back and chugged as much as I could take down. As much as I didn't want to, I did what Jade told me to do. I grabbed the money, the gun, and her car and drove to a motel just right out of town. I still couldn't wrap my mind around everything that happened. All those years I was around Keelah, and she didn't seem like the type to betray me. Shit, the bitch gave me her virginity. All those moments we had together I thought was special but in reality, she was setting me and my family up. I keep asking myself why me and I can't come up with an answer. I don't even know who the fuck this so called Boochie nigga is but clearly Keelah did. And clearly, she's been fucking with him this whole time. They took everything from me. Every dime I took, everyone who I called my family ... is gone. I want some answers and I fucking want them now.

A small knock came to my door, making me jump. I put the bottle on the nightstand and grabbed the gun from under my pillow. I crept to the door and looked through the peephole, but I couldn't see anyone. I cocked the gun and quickly opened the door. I pointed it at whoever was behind it, not giving a fuck about the cameras I knew were in the hallway.

"Whoa whoa whoa, let's not get crazy here".

A tall guy with salt and pepper hair raised his hands up in surrender. He didn't look like the fucker who came in and ruined my life but I was still skeptical.

"Who the fuck are you and what the fuck do you want?"

"Put the gun down son, and I can tell you".

"Don't fucking call me son! Who are you? You've got five seconds. One!"

"Alright! My name is Russell, I'm a friend of your father!"

"Bull shit, my father never mentioned you".

"Just give me a chance to prove it".

He waited with his hands up then started to move to his pockets. Next thing I knew, the gun was knocked out of my hands and I was pushed on the floor in the room. He walked in and let the door close behind him. He stepped over my body and sat down in the closest chair. He placed the gun on the table and folded his hands across his lap.

"Don't let these grey hairs fool you son. Whatever move you try to make, I promise I'm two steps ahead of you".

He motioned for me to sit in the chair across from him. I hesitated at first then rolled my eyes and obliged. I don't give a shit what this old timer says, any wrongs move and I'm grabbing my gun and killing him.

"Like I was saying, I'm a friend of your father".

"Friend as in what? 'Cause like I said, I never heard of you nor saw you".

"Yeah ... I would imagine you wouldn't have. Your father took a drastic turn and he blocked me out".

"What do you mean drastic turn? The alzheimers?"

"No, not the disease. Do you not know of your family history?"

"No, no one ever thought it was fit to tell me".

"Son, you come from a string of hustlers. Your father and sister being the biggest ones of their time".

"Sister? Jade wasn't in the life, she would've told me".

"Well, by the looks of it they didn't. And I can see why".

"Excuse me?"

"Dyshawn was a smooth nigga back in our time. I met him one day shooting dice on the corner of our old neighborhood. I was always the best dice player and the niggas around the way were always jealous of that. One day they decided to jump me and rob me for all the money I won. Out of all the dudes I knew on the block, your father was the only one that helped me. For a little nigga, he sure knew how to knock a muh' fucker out.