Chapter Twenty-Four: Junior

Keelah and I got off to an early start this morning to find the twins she was talking about. Being a taker sounds like the perfect job for me. I can do missions here and there and stack up way more than enough bread by the time I'm twenty-one. I'm not too comfortable with getting Keelah involved. I mean, I feel where she's coming from with everything but at the same time she is a young woman. Women aren't supposed to be in no type of trade or game that goes on in these streets. Well, at least that's my interpretation. She's done more than enough for me so far and I don't think I will ever be able to forgive myself if something was to happen to her. We all want a way out, but everyone has a different road to go down. She doesn't need to accompany me down mine. Although, it wouldn't be much of a bad idea to have a baddie like her on my side. Criminal or not, Keelah was gorgeous. Who am I to decline such melanin?

"Come on, it's right here."

She pulled the string and the bus came to a halt at the upcoming stop. We climbed off and I followed her to location of where these so-called twins are supposed to be. I don't know these niggas to just be including them in my plans but if Princess knows them and suggest them, they must be okay. We walked up on the porch of the house and she rang the doorbell. A girl who didn't look that much older than us answered with a toothpick hanging out of her mouth and a dingy sweat suit on.

"Can I help you?"

"We came to see the twins."

"Come on in, you know the routine."

Keelah stepped through the threshold and held her arms out and let the girl pat her down. These twins must either know too much or has done too much that they need to go through these types of measures. I followed Keelah's steps and we were granted access to proceed. Keelah walked through the house like she had been here a couple times and she knew exactly where to go. I knew not to ask her anymore questions or second guess her. We got to the back of the house and she opened the door to what looked like a patio. We stepped onto the porch and the twins turned to face us.

"Larry and Lashawn?"

Right before my eyes, were the twin boys that belonged to my sister. Technically, they're my nephews but the age difference makes it weird. Last time I saw them was when they graduated high school. They got their diplomas and never looked back.

"You a long way from home buddy boy." Larry said to me, while inhaling the blunt he had in his hands.

"Y'all know each other?" Keelah asked.

"Know each other?", Larry said.

"This right here is our uncle" Lashawn said laughing.

"Uncle?" she looked at me.

"It's a long story. What the hell are you two doing here?", I said.

"Aye, aye! We ask the questions around this mutha fucka. Come, sit."

Keelah and I went and sat across from them at the table. They offered me the blunt by I declined. Keelah took it with no hesitation.

"Mama Zion know you're here?" Larry asked.

"You know damn well Zion ain't letting her precious baby boy out of her sight" Lashawn said.

"Fuck off, Shawn. No, she doesn't know I'm here. And I plan on keeping it that way."

"I don't know. What reason do we have to not rat on you?"

"I have a proposition for you."

They both leaned forward and gave me their undivided attention. Larry reached and turned the radio up so that no one inside could hear what we were talking about.