Chapter Five

It was the next Friday night, nearly two weeks since I had woken up on Louis' hotel couch. I had yet to talk to him about it, although there wasn't really anything to talk about. Still, I hadn't been able to bring it up to him because I hadn't had a free moment to even text him, let alone have a full conversation.

I spent ten hours a day in either rehearsal or training with the two guys who got the performance gig: Trey and Carter. When we were sweating to death together, I was trying to keep a good eating schedule and sleep, even just a little bit. I was insanely busy, and I loved it. But I felt disconnected, which was odd. I always loved every aspect of this job, and this was nothing new.

Part of me just knew it was because of Louis. We didn't have to speak every time we were around each other, but I always felt like it had been time well spent. Plus, it was cool to be around when he was able to have some fun with the other guys, so I missed being around for that.

I was sick of ending my nights thinking about Louis Tomlinson. It was late, and this whole tour would be one big roller coaster if I didn't get my crap together. Trying to put it behind me, I finished washing my blender bottle and climbed into my hotel bed, ready to go to sleep. I was just about ready to do that, too, when my phone buzzed.

I groaned, envisioning the group message notifying me of an early call time or extra training session. Those were the only messages I have been getting lately. I was politely surprised to see that it was from Louis, instead.

From: Louis Tomlinson

Message: have they ran u nuts this week the way they have us?!

I wanted to laugh, but my phone was buzzing again before I could even respond.

From: Louis Tomlinson

Message: I've been up since around 3 & we just got back 2 the hotel. Can I sneak down for some chill time? B down n 5 Xx

Now, I did laugh. It sure didn't seem like he was giving me any option about hosting him tonight. Thinking on my feet, I figured I could throw some honey BBQ wings in the oven as a little snack for the both of us. I did that and thought I was fine, until I caught my reflection in the mirror. Change of plans: instead of chilling on the bed when Louis got here, I was in the ensuite, brushing what felt like a rat's nest out of my scalp when Louis knocked on my hotel door.

"You look exhausted," I commented, genuinely concerned for just how overworked he looked, standing in front of me.

He just shrugged in response, walking into the room and giving me a hug. "Happens every time right before a tour."

"The actual tour must be a breeze compared to all this," I said, pulling the wings out of the oven. "You hungry?"

He nodded, pulling a couple plates from the cabinets to help me out. "It's a bit easier. I get myself on a better sleep schedule, that's for sure."

"You seem to really struggle with your sleep," I commented, as we sat down on the couch and started to eat, watching some trash tv.

"More than the others, at least," he admitted. "They get tired, just like I do, but they're always able to crash at the end of the day. Liam doesn't really understand where my moods come from, but it's from lack of sleep. Zayn is almost just as bad, but he spends all his free time fighting with Perrie or just flat out brooding about everyone else."

Hm, so all the fun they had together wasn't really the full story. I wasn't all that surprised, though. When you practically live with someone, it can't really be all shits and giggles all the time. I couldn't help a small smile filling up my face.

"Well, you're free to be exhausted and grumpy all you want around here. Judgement free!"

He laughed and we continued eating in a bit of silence. I was about to ask him what he wanted to do next when my phone buzzed. Louis' did too, so I wasn't surprised to see the group message going off.