Chapter Thirty

Surprise! I know I typically update on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, but I will be out of town this Wednesday to Sunday for vacation. I decided to give you guys an extra update (maybe another tomorrow, too) in case I get too busy this next week! ♡

October 13, 2016
6:32am
6lbs 5oz

October 13, 20166:32am6lbs 5oz

Asher William Tomlinson

He was the absolute light of my en

tire life. I had spent just over ten hours in labor before it was time to push. Twenty minutes later, our precious little baby boy was emitting his first cry. He was so incredibly perfect in every single way.
Feedings had been going well so far, and only fifteen minutes ago, Louis had changed his very first poopy diaper.
"My boy," Louis smiled, cradling Asher in his arms. I caught myself crying when he said that, but I was quick to wipe my tears. "Oi, look at you. You're less than a day old, and you already have your Mumma crying. Cheeky boy."
Louis sat down beside me on the couch that was in our room. It was where he would be sleeping tonight. The doctor wanted me kept in bed, but I was already getting restless. Finally, she caved, telling me to just stay aware of my body's limitations. I was sore, definitely, but lying still was only going to help me so much.
"He is so beautiful," I whispered, leaning forward to kiss Louis.
We stayed quiet like that for several more minutes before little Asher was just outright upset. It was time for him to eat again, and this time, I wanted to try latching without a nurse's help. Somewhat awkwardly, Louis passed him to me, and together, we fumbled about for several more minutes before managed to get Asher latched and in a position that was comfortable for the both of us.
“You’re already such an amazin mum, you know that?” Louis told me, making me blush. He kissed my cheek and played with a few strands of my hair.
I was overjoyed to just watch him eat. He ate for nearly a half hour before he decided he was all full. I passed him to Louis to burp, and just as I did, there was a knock at our door.
"Come in," I responded, hoping I had been loud enough.
Through the door slipped in Jay. She was the only one we gave clearance to come in. I absolutely wished that the whole family could have came to visit, but it wasn't safe. Everyone wanted a glimpse of our little baby boy, but at this point, we hadn't even told anyone else that he had made his grand entrance. We knew that as soon as we did, the media would be all over us. We wanted our first moments as a family of three to be somewhat peaceful.

 We wanted our first moments as a family of three to be somewhat peaceful