Chapter Twenty-One

When I woke up Friday, I felt better than I had in the past week. Maybe sleeping most of yesterday really did help! To celebrate, I decided to lay in bed until my bladder absolutely demanded that I got up, and then, I made my coffee and went right back to the bedroom. I was wearing one of Louis’ t-shirts, and I slept on his side of the bed last night.
I was ready for him to come home, and I had no idea how I would handle next week alone. I had gotten used to doing life with another person. It felt almost surreal to be by myself again.
“Might as well get some work done,” I told myself, finishing up my coffee.
After I loaded the dirty mug into the empty dishwasher, I grabbed my laptop from the office and brought it back into the living room, where I curled up on the couch with it and a big blanket. I hadn’t looked into any jobs since the One Direction tour had ended. At first, we had all been preoccupied with the new promos and upcoming hiatus. When the split actually happened, it felt almost wrong to jump back into work, knowing Louis was still finding himself as a solo artist. Now, though, we were both getting back on our feet.
He was going to judge on the X Factor UK, and he had been writing most afternoons when I was gone to the gym. He hadn’t let me hear anything, but I was glad he was doing something for his music. I think his first single would be in the works soon, as well, and I was so excited for him.
Knowing that he was starting to get back to what he loved, I knew I needed to get back into some gigs soon. Even if it was just a few commercials or teaching some master classes, I needed something to do. So now, sitting on the couch, watching the news scroll by on the television behind my laptop, I started doing just that.
First, I emailed The Playground, a well-known dance studio in L.A. that I had both danced and taught in before. I could go ahead and book myself some classes over the next two months pretty easily. They knew my name and my credentials, but I would be a fool not to acknowledge the fact that more people than ever would turn up to be taught by Louis Tomlinson’s girlfriend.
Once I emailed them a few dates that I knew I could make work, I pulled up my work contacts and sent my resume out to about five or six different talent agents who would be looking for dancers in different projects. I didn’t send my stuff to anyone who would be looking to book me for tours. I wasn’t sure how busy Louis would be with work this year, and now that I was in a steady relationship, I didn’t want to make such a big decision without talking to him first.
That was pretty much all I could do for work from the apartment, so I decided to have a pampering day. I still had so many hours before I needed to make my way to the Deakin household. I decided to take a long bath and shower before getting my hair and nails done, too. On my way back upstairs, I made a quick call to the salon I had been going to in Doncaster and got an appointment set up.
I was hoping that the pampering would help soothe my anxieties. I was getting more and more comfortable around Louis’ family every time we got together, but each time, I was always nervous beforehand. I wasn’t used to a family being so welcoming, and I was just waiting for the rug to be ripped out from underneath me.
Suddenly, I was very tired again, and it was all I could do to keep from falling asleep in the bathtub. With a heavy sigh, I realized that I shouldn’t soak too long, or I would sleep through my appointment. After a quick re-wash in the shower, I got out and got myself ready. I used to leave my hair down and unfixed when I was just going straight to an appointment. Now, I was never able to do that. Too many cameras and fans trying to see me and take pictures.
It was annoying, honestly.
So I got my hair and makeup fixed before throwing on a comfortable outfit. I knew that I would end up swinging into a grocery store after I got through my hair and nail appointments. I wanted to make this chocolate cake that Louis raved about. Apparently, it was one of his favorite desserts. I usually have the ingredients on hand, but I was almost positive we had ran through them after the last cake.

 I usually have the ingredients on hand, but I was almost positive we had ran through them after the last cake