Chapter Thirteen

“Okay, but what about . . . ‘and if you like causing problems up in hotel rooms’,” I sang. I wasn’t too into the singing thing, but I was having some fun tossing around lyrics with the guys. It was 3:40 in the morning, and we were still up from the concert.
“And if you like having secret little rendezvous,” Louis jumped in right after me, sharing a little smirk in my direction. I knew he was thinking back to the beginning of the tour, where things started for us. Sneaking around and spending our nights hiding out in hotel rooms.
“Brilliant!” Liam chimed in, scribbling the words down.
“Okay, but why don’t you sing?” Harry asked me, while Liam was writing.
“Seriously, you’re great,” Niall plopped down on the couch beside Harry, water bottle in hand.
“Yeah, because her plate isn’t full enough, as is,” Louis laughed. “J.R. has her doing most of his job, and Simon threw her back on stage, not even twelve hours ago, to perform in front of thousands, when she wasn’t even rehearsed. She handled it FLAWLESSLY, of course, but she is rather busy.”
I laughed, shrugging. “It just hasn’t ever been something that I really jumped into. I have always wanted to dance, and the work I have had to put into that my whole life has really taken up any free time that I have ever had.”
They let the issue drop after that, but I found myself on their bus, every now and then, tossing around lyrics with them. Some nights, I was just there to sleep on the couch with my head in Louis’ lap, as this was just about our only free time anymore. We took our time together whenever we could these days.

------------

By the time we made it to Kansas City, the boys had basically finished the album

By the time we made it to Kansas City, the boys had basically finished the album. I couldn’t even attempt to hide how amazing that was to me. Now, though, I still was losing time with Louis, as they would begin recording and pushing promo for the new album, on top of the shows and promo for the tour. Honestly, I was just exhausted thinking of all that they had on their plate to do.
Quickly, I took it upon myself to make sure they were all eating well. I was spending most nights in my own bus again, so I invested in a cooler for extra fridge space, and I stocked up on fruits, veggies, and carb-happy ingredients, like pastas. Every few days or so, I would spend most of the night awake and meal-prepping food for the four of them and myself. It took a lot, but it wasn’t a huge dent in my schedule. Not when their schedule looked the way it did.
While we were in sound check this afternoon, a few members of our team were sent out to buy supplies to restock all the team buses with food, drinks, and other supplies. Tonight, I would food prep, while everything was still super fresh. We were only a couple days shy of running through my last prep, anyway. We wouldn’t have another show for three days after tonight, and Louis and the others would not have any more promo until then, either. 
Louis would stay on the bus with the boys tonight, though, because I had plans to be up all night, and I know how his sleep schedule is during tour. He needs a full-on sleep environment to try to coax himself to sleep as much as possible while he had the chance. I missed curling up next to him so much, but I had to do what was best for him first. He could sneak into my bus when we stopped for gas tomorrow.
With that happy thought in my head, I went into tech rehearsal in KC with a huge smile on my face, running straight to Louis and wrapping him in a hug. He instantly hugged me back, and neither of us let go for a good ten seconds. It just felt so good to be back in his arms, smelling his cologne. These hugs had really been all we had been given these last three weeks. I cherished the Tomlinson hug more than ever before.
“You seem so happy, love,” He smiled, pulling away and giving me a kiss. “I’m so happy to see you smiling.”
“I’m excited for the next few days on the road with no promo,” I admitted. “I’m just ready to cuddle with you while you’re sleeping.”
“Ah,” He sighed, smiling. “Your midnight cuddles when you’re asleep are the absolute best. I cannot wait to be able to do that again tomorrow night!”
“I miss date nights,” I admitted, holding his hand as we started walking over to the rest of the crew.
“I do, too, M,” His smile was softer, maybe a little sad. “This is just part of it all.” I mean, he was right. I just had not done the whole dating and touring thing. Especially not with someone who was working on an even more demanding schedule.
It was absolute tourture, and there was nothing we could do about it.