15 - The Walls Came Tumbling Down

"That's how it's gonna be?" I yelled at him. "That isn't what I'm saying at all! I just- we need a break, okay?" I looked at him with anger burning in my eyes. "Need a break? Ha! We've already had a few, we don't need any more." I told him. "Ally-" I grabbed my stuff, walked out of the house, and got into my car. And then there was nothing left. The walls came tumbling down to the city that we built together. It didn't last long, though. I didn't dare look at my rear-view mirror. I already knew he was trying to chase my car. After a few minutes of driving, I finally made it to my sister's house. I knew she was home now so I thought I'd go over there. Then, my phone started to ring. It was my friend. "Hello? ..... Really? ....... What? When? For how long??" I pulled up to my sister's house and hung up on my friend. At this point, you could say I'm about to blow someone's head off. I was so mad. I walked into my sister's home and practically broke the door. "Lizzie! You home?" I called for her. She walked out of the kitchen. Her bright red shoulder-length hair bounced as she walked into the room. "Is everything alright, Ally? What happened?" she asked with worry in her voice. As soon as she asked, I broke down crying in front of the door. She sat me down on the couch so I could tell her everything. When I finished, she offered to take me out for some froyo. I accepted, of course, and I felt good for the rest of the day. I think I'll be just fine now.

//word count: 295 words