Chapter Two

Noah had somehow made it through the breakfast and was now laying down while the memories slowly merge with his. He was on year seven of Maia and found her life to be stifling and boring beyond any measures. Barely any playtime, sibling bonding was pretty much limited to every holiday and birthday. She was guarded like a princess, any study mates were only a brief thing. Noah had a feeling that all of them found her to be boring, but in her defense, she didn't want to do it either. She was just following the rules set for her.

There are other languages here too. Many of them, she had to study and learn. At that age, she also met the future Brother-In-Arms of the Main Character. His name was Simon Charles, he was a snob even as a kid. Of course what did he expect? The brat doesn't change until he partnered up with the male lead to go on quests, Noah frowned. She met him again at school, the Lil' shit messed up her first day by losing control of his earth magic, destroying the classroom. It was what everyone talked about, the explosive activation of his magic. It made his head grow to new proportions.

Moving on, Maia had the worst luck, never finding anything that was just her own. No friends, a life filled with studying and never being able to get out of her brothers' terrifying large shadow. It was saddening to see her give up on becoming her own person. It was... creeping, how similar their lives were. Stuck in their siblings' shadow, keeping their favorite activities hidden in fear of being compared to them, the struggles of being a younger sibling of a big family. Noah felt the frustrating lost emotion deep in his bones and trying to not resent their family and the guilt coming from it.

As he got to the teenage years, he started to realize another similar trait of hers, the lack of want. The lack of lust that usually comes with growing up while others started to date and get crushes. Only admiration for beauty came to her. Asexual, she learned late at night with relief, a sob stuck in her throat. While she wanted to stand out, she didn't want to be different. Noah gripped the blanket, cause holy fuck, the pure emotion that came with that memory. Of that one night, of quiet click-clack in a dark room, the videos explaining it. So much brighter and clearer than any other memory from before.

"Maia, your makeup crew is here!" Someone said as they knocked on the door. Stumbling, he shoved the papers he had 007 print off and fill while he went through the memories. He looked outside, the sun has already started its way for settling down for the night. Giving the room a warm glow.

" Alright, I will be right out." He slipped on a pair of flats and comb his hair with his fingers. Walking out, he paused before he continued on walking. In the memories it revealed that she was six feet and almost one inch tall, the rest of her family was also giants. The memories still doesn't stop the off-kilter feeling from happening, he never could have seen the top of someone's head comfortable unless they were 5'2 and under. One of the things he loved about Maia was she still wore five inch heels at her height daily without a care. Honestly, his sisters would've loved her, maybe called her a Queen.

Noah smiled at the woman who looked at her with surprise, me too, me too. He looked at a familiar designer who loved Maia and her tallness. She was doing something to the dress in front of with a needle, her eyes narrowed on the dress while stepping back. It was a dark green, a hunter green maybe. It had a deep V-neck, a mermaid type dress. It was beautiful until he realized that he was getting stuffed into it. "Ah! Maia! Just in time, we will start on your hair!" The designer clapped, making the others look at her.

Noah nodded at them before sitting on the low chair that was in the middle of the room. They moved him to a sink and started to wash his hair with ease. Noah started to go through the memories again in hopes of not getting too bored. The whole getting ready thing was nothing like the movies. The crew had other clients to get to and you don't want them to mess up. They moved like a well-oiled machine, not bumping into each or talking much unless needed.

He barely winced while they started to fix his hair, sometimes pulling a bit hard. He didn't say anything when they had to change their plans. The smooth, low bun turned into a messy big bun with little accessories mixed in. They wiped his face clean with a wet wipe and started on the makeup. When they were done, he had very little make up on. But everyone had liked it well enough.

Standing up, he was given some underwear and was told to change. As he moved towards a closed off space, he saw them removing the dress from its stand. With the door closed, he took a shaky breath, calming down a bit. Taking off his pants, he realized he was going to go braless. A woman knocked on the wall, then a hand appeared from the partly opened door. "Here's your covers."

They...

Noah could only take them with a small thanks. 007 easily showed him a video on how they work for him to follow. Thankfully the next thing they passed was the beautiful dress. The lace on the dress was handmade and Noah was scared again. He very carefully stepped into and very carefully pulled it up. "Okay, you can come in!"

An assistant came in and started to help him tie the string on the back and straight it out. Standing in front of the long mirror, he ran his finger along the dress, stress slowly seeping into him. "Don't worry, you are without a doubt the most beautiful woman I had ever saw." The assistant praised her quietly with a small smile.

Noah relaxed his shoulders with a small thanks. Mentally, he told her same because damn. Maia was a young woman to behold. He walked out of the closed space and was met with praise. "My muse! I am so lucky!" The designer laughed cheerfully as she walked around him. "Sit, sit, we still have the heels and the jewelry!"

Some green high heels with barely-there gold heels, matching necklace and earrings later, he was finally done. And ready to go to the ball-Dinner, he corrected himself.

☆.。.:*  .。.:*☆

Walking down the stair, he took joy in the way all Maia's family's faces were all torn between pride and horror. The realization they had was probably that she had grown up and no longer they can stop her from dating and leaving. He wanted to cackle loudly as the youngest brother started to protest about her leaving like that. There were dangerous wolves out there! Dad, make her change! Come on, guys, we can't let her leave like that!

Noah was already out the door when they had agreed it was best to make him change. Bitch please, it took three hours to look like this. He has to be the best looking one there tonight, the dinner is for his coming of age. "Come on, we have to go! And we have to make sure everything is in place for tonight!"

☆.。.:*  .。.:*☆

A/N: Hopefully you didn't mind that most of this chapter was about getting ready. The next chapter is the Dinner!