Chapter Six

Noah felt like crying, just when he was preparing to run away, Seven got a notice about another mission. They were stuck here, forced to try and convince her brothers to accept her taking the exam by Tuesday. Looking at the progress, he noticed that one of their brothers had accepted it already. He clicked his tongue, when it wouldn't say who he was, not even Seven knew.

Tying his hair back into a bun, he walked out of the room. Seven nervously hovered behind his host, but when he felt the spikes from his collar, he felt a sudden rush of bravery. He lifted up his head, showing off the gold and black collar that had a tiny diamond skull in the middle.

Noah looked at the preening Seven, trying to hold back the grin, but failed when Seven lifts up his head more. Noah was really glad he spent money for that stupid thing, even if it didn't match his white fluff ball. Noah's eye caught the sight of a maid, who was staring at them with awestruck and confusion. Noah nodded, before he pulled Seven closer.

"Hello, I wonder who this little guy is?" Damian asked with a grin as he walked beside him. His hands in his pocket, while he looked at Seven that was cuddling Noah's cheek. "I didn't know that you got a little beast, it's surprising."

Noah didn't say anything, only pulling Seven closer to his chest. He was tempted to shove him down his big shirt like he did with his old dog, but he didn't know if Maia would have done that. So, he slowly pet Seven, trying to calm his racing heart (it really didn't matter if it's his or Seven's, both of them weren't prepared for Damian).

"And I didn't know that you are dating someone, aren't we learning something new every day?" Noah gave him a very plastic smile. Damian paused for a moment before he reached out to Noah, who took a step sideways. "I wonder who knows about her? She's quite pretty, more adorable, to be honest."

He gave him an equally fake smile, "blackmail? Aren't you a little too kind for that?"

Noah giggled, "aren't you a little old to be hiding a girl away like a shy teenager? Roderick and you are getting older, it wouldn't be too terrible if you bring home a nice sister-in-law to us." Before he could say anything about it, Stephen was running towards them.

Noah quickly stepped around him, running towards the front entrance like it was the only thing that could save him. "Love you! I have things to do!"

-x-

Noah looked at the giant building, it was huge. Of course it was, it was the city's courthouse. But with a few more additional departments than what his world would have. Looking at a few other people, he tried to search for the ones with their familiar. Seven made himself comfortable in the bag, his head poking out.

"Oi! Calm down, bastard! We will figure out where it is!" A annoyed voice snapped behind him. Turning, he felt his breath hitch at the sight. It was...

'Look! It's your crush!' Seven perked up as he too stared at the strange duo. Noah didn't pay any attention to what he said as his eyes stayed on the small dragon. Almost looking like a spiky lizard, but the cloud of smoke it had let out told him all what he needed to know. 'How strange, the story never said anything about him getting a familiar.'

Noah frowned, realizing that he was right. He shook it off for now, while he walked towards the duo that was having a one sided conversation. Out loud at least, if anyone had seen him talk to his familiar like that in Noah's old world, he would have been labeled as crazy. Here, it was just a new Bonded getting used to it. "Hey, I am Maia! I couldn't help but over hear that you are looking for the Bonding Office too. I can help you."

The blond looked at him with a surprised look before a grin overtook his face. "Sweet, I am Vincent!" He held out his hand that Noah shook without hesitation. He pointed at the small dragon on his shoulder that huffed out a cloud of smoke as if showing off. "This guy is the Great X! Isn't he awesome?"

Noah couldn't help smiling as he nodded. Seven floated out of the bag, his eyes glowing as he stared at X. "Hello, I am Double O'Seven!" He chirped, making the two back up.

Noah grabbed him and held him against his chest. "Sorry about that, he can get pretty excited. Plus, he never talked to many people until we met."  Noah already used to Seven, scratched the one spot underneath Seven's chin. Making him melt into his hold and his eyes dim.

Vincent and X looked very hesitate as Vincent stepped towards them again. Vincent grinned again, a little smaller than before, brushing away a few strands of hair from his face. "So you know where the Office is?"

"Yeah, just follow us!" Noah mentally looked at the map, following the bright blue path. Seven kept peeking at them while they walk.

They had to go through security where Seven was very reluctant to put his collar into the box before they could go through the metal detector. After that, it was quite easy and fast to get to the office.

Unfortunately, Noah didn't get any contact information from Vincent.  When he stepped out of the building, he looked up with a determined look. Next time, he will get Vincent's number!

Sitting at a bus stop across from the Courthouse, Vincent had a weird look on as his partner judged them. 'They are so weird for people who have high levels. Did you see that stupid collar? Completely stupid, just like its cute owner. Wait! I didn't mean that!! Stop laughing, you shit stain!'

'I, the Great X, Will Smite YOU! YOU-YOU FAKE BLOND!'

"MY HAIR IS NOT DYED, YOU STUPID SMOKING LIZARD! IT'S NATURAL!"

'IT'S FAKE AS THAT STUPID OSCAR!'

"UGH! HOW DID I GET STUCK WITH A WEAK IDIOT LIKE YOU!?!"

'I ASK THAT MYSELF EVERY DAY SINCE I MET YOU! AND I AM A JOY TO BE WITH!!'