Chapter 10

Although comfortable, Bria crosses her legs in a diner booth and looks at the nervous young man on the other side. As her eyes travel across and examine him, her barefoot slips onto his leg and tenderly strokes it. As he stares deep into her eyes, she releases a generous smile that sends him fluttering in the seat.

"Dazzle me with your manly pursuits!" Bria huskily speaks and stares alluringly.

Water catches in his throat at the surprising tone of her words, and he chokes. To make matters worse, she reaches over to pat his back, and he catches a glimpse down her cleavage. The lovely soft skin pleasantly presses out into his view, and he turns away trying to shut that brain up. She smiles before returning to her seat and toys with the edge of her coffee cup.

"Just codding you, boyo, but I want to know what's special about you."

He ponders her words and figures she means to tease him. Although plenty of ladies had done so in the past over entirely ridiculous things, the lack of malicious intent feels genuinely welcomed. The struggle to keep his composure as her foot slides further up his leg tests his will, but he focuses on what she says anyway after a drink of water.

"Nothing," he humbly replies. "Just a son of a big-shot corporate lawyer and a Susie-Q housewife, bible thumper."

The humility strikes back at her since it contrasts some of the theatrical rugby players she's dated. The pool record boards stood out to her, and yet he doesn't stroke his ego into an erection. Of course, the numbers weren't the only thing she enjoyed while watching him swim, which is why she let the peek down her top slide.

"I think some girls wouldn't mind watching you swim naked."

Again, he baffles her with a blush, which she feels should be her department. Instead, the surrounding aura now makes sense since his innocent shyness shows profoundly, which she finds endearing.

"Well, I enjoy swimming," he replies as he rubs his muscles. "Not so much the extra butterflies."

The resistance to massage those muscles weaken within her as her temperature rises. As the memory of sliding her hands around Eric when she danced plays back in her mind, a few wicked alterations to the events play out. A naughty smile tugs on her lips as she slips her foot onto his inner thigh.

"Well," she suggestively quips. "Since it's my fault, I suppose I could do something."

Her toes slide against his bulge, which catches him off guard with a tingle throughout his body. Eric mind reels at the possibilities, which takes incredible, will power to resist. Her head tilts as she works to decipher the mystery of Eric Roberts.

"Is it typical American behavior to refuse advances from girls?" she asks deadpan, and he stutters. "You're too easy to tease."

His demeanor amuses her since he isn't hiding his insecurities. As she rests her foot between his legs, his face stays silent and robust without any macho crap, which she enjoys. He gulps, and she tilts her head as she waits for his next move.

"I got you something," he mutters as he pulls out a jewelry box, which causes her to raise an eyebrow.

"Trying to get me to put out, boyo?"

The comment makes him flounder like a deer in headlights, which puts her into a giggling fit. Although she's been teasing him since sitting in the booth, the gift came from thought prior, which suggests to her that he may want something more than sexual. As someone often thought of as sex objects by guys, it is a beautiful relief.

"All right, I'll stop acting the maggot."

Eric blinks a moment after she unleashes that slang but moves towards the box. As the box opens, the glimmering shine of the emeralds and polish of the silver glitter in her eyes. As the Tree of Life pendant comes into full view, her foot pulls immediately back, and the heat crashes down as sadness builds up in its place.