Chapter Four

Rey's POV

My eyes slowly opened and I looked around at my surroundings. I was underneath a bunch of dark blankets, on a dark bed, in a dark room. I sat up and tried to remember how I got here but the last thing I remember is crying in Bens arms. I must've fallen asleep and he took my here. I try to remember what I was crying about, but I don't remember. Maybe my loss of blood made me delirious? What if I made a promise to him? What if I accidentally gave him secret information about the Resistance? I lay back down and think about all of the possibilities as tears come to my eyes. What happened to my friends? Did the Resistance escape? I start to cry, all of my worries coming to show on my face. I suddenly realize that I'm on one of the First Order ships. I need to escape to get back to the Resistance! I throw back the blankets only to find my legs all wrapped up in bloody bandages. I try to move my legs and scream from the pain, that's when I begin to notice more pain in my body. My head has a bandage on it and my skull is ringing, my right wrist is wrapped up and throbbing, my legs (I remember) are broken, and I have bruises and gashes all over. Now how am I supposed to get out? I lay back down again and cry harder. I'm in so much pain, both emotional and physical. I hear the door open, but my head is turned the other way and I don't want to move it because of the pain. "Rey?", I hear Bens voice say, " REY!!", he yells. He runs over to my side of the bed and lifts my torso so he can lean it against his chest. He holds me and pushes a button on the wall, " bring a med droid over to my quarters immediately!", he snarls. He then turns back to me with worry written all over his face. "Rey, sweetheart, what happened?!". I don't answer. I'm in too much pain. I instead let out a weak sounding whimper. I think he gets the message because he says, " oh, I guess the painkiller wore off. Don't move I'll go get you some water.". He then gets up,gently lays me down, and then goes through a door across the room. A few moments later, Ben comes back holding a glass of water. He lifts my head up so I can drink the water. After the first sip I realize just how sore my throat is and gulp down the rest of it. When I'm done, Ben sets my head back down and places the glass on the nightstand. "Can you tell me what happened and why you were crying now, Rey?", Ben says softly. I swallow and find an answer. "W-well I woke up and I panicked because I couldn't remember anything since blacking out after you lifted the wall off of me. I tried to get up to find a way out, but I remembered that both my legs were broken and screamed from the pain. Then that's when the painkiller completely wore off and I started to cry from all of the pain, confusion, and worry.", I said as I started to tear up again. "Oh. Don't worry, my dear, a med droid will be here soon. And what were you worrying about, anyway?", he asked. "I was worried about my friends and the Resistance.", I answered truthfully just as the med droid came in. Ben commanded it to redress my injuries and inject a stronger painkiller into me. The droid began its instructions. Ben looked at me with a frown. "You will be glad to hear that your "friends" were able to escape.", he said with a hard tone. I sighed, relieved. "But,", he added, " on the way here you promised me that you would stay with me so that I would not hurt your friends. Which means that you will stay with me. Forever.", he finished with a triumphant smile. My heart sank. "No. No, that can't be right!", I said in disbelief. "You know it's true.", Ben said. "No! I won't! My friends need me!", I yelled as I sat up, messing the med droid up, and ignoring the pain in my body.Ben roughly shoved me back onto the bed and held me in place while glaring at me. The med droid beeped saying that if I did that again, it could accidentally hurt me more. "Rey! Your friends don't matter right now! What DOES matter if that you rest up, heal, and stay here with me or I will punish your friends!" He growled. I didn't want to cry AGAIN, so I just looked away and held still while the med droid finished redressing my wounds. When it finished and left, Ben asked me if I was hungry. "Yes I am.", I answered with a sigh. "Let's get you cleaned up and fed then.", he smiled slightly. "But how? I can't walk.", I questioned. Ben's smile widened.
"You'll see!"

————————————
OoOoOo..... What do you think is going to happen?? I want to update my other two fanfics one more time and then continue updating this! I hope you enjoyed the chapter!!

-TheSqwiggles💜