Chapter Eight

Rey POV

I climb into the escape pod and set coordinates for the planet where I found out the Resistance is hiding. I launch out into space, heading for the Resistance.

I take a deep breath then burst out crying. Why would Ben do that to me? Didn't he love me? After all, he had kissed me. I miss him so much! I just wanted him to hold me and comfort me! I want him to stroke my hair and to tell me that everything will be ok while I cry into his shoulder!

I'm crying for so long and hard that I didn't even notice that I had reached the planet until it was right in front of me. I wipe my tears,  find the Resistance base then land there.

I walk out of the pod and walk towards the new base. I see Finn and as I walk closer we catch each other's eyes. "Rey!", he yells. I stop and stare at him with tears coming down my face once more as he runs towards me. He reaches me and picks me up in a hunt bear hug. "Rey! I was so worried about you!", Finn says. He pulls back and looks me all over. "Are you ok?! He didn't hurt you did he?! OH I SWEAR TO GOD IF HURT YOU-" "Finn! Stop screaming! I'm fine, see?", I reassure him. "Rey!", I then hear Poe and Rose yell in unison. I turn towards them as they also run up to me and hug me. They also ask me if I'm ok and I answer with a "yes. Yes, I am". "You are probably exhausted! Here, let's go inside and tell Leia that your home.", Poe says. Home. I like that word.

They lead me into the base and to a room. "Ok, stay out here for a second!", Poe tells me, " we'll surprise her!". I nod and smile. Poe walks into the room. "Hello, Leia.We have a surprise for you!", I hear Poe say. "Oh really?", I hear Leia ask. I smile eve wider at the sound of her voice.

Poe opens the door to reveal me standing next to Finn and Rose. Leia's eyes widened and her face showed nothing but pure joy. Leia quickly stands up from the couch she was sitting on and walks over to me and hugs me. "Rey! I'm so glad you are ok!", she says, "Here, sit down. I want to know everything that happened.". I sat down on the couch with Leia. Finn and Rose sit on the couch opposite from us, and Poe sits on an armchair.

I tell them everything from my walk in the woods at the old base to my argument with Ben to now. When I'm done, I have tears streaming down my face. Again. Rise comes over to hug me and to tell me that everything will be fine."That monster!", Finn says, "he shouldn't have lied to you!". "He had to", I explain, " after all, he is the supreme leader of the First Order.". "True.", Finn answers. "You said he knows where this base is. We should leave immediately.", Leia says. I nod. "Wait,", Poe says, " does anyone else hear that?". We all stay still and listen carefully. I can hear a noise. It's getting louder.
The look on everyone's face says that they heard it too.

TIE fighters.

The First Order is here.

———————————————
Yup. I know, it's a shorter chapter. But I kind of HAD to update it soon, so yeah. I hope you liked it though. There is going to be about 1-2 more chapters. I'm still trying to decide what to do to end it though. Any suggestions? Anyone? Oh well...

-TheSqwiggles