Scene 20 - The Mole

Thunderbird 1, parked outside the forest of trees. Thunderbird 2 arrives in, the massive engines blowing their rockets as the craft neatly touches down behind Thunderbird 1. Thunderbird 2 raises its legs as the logo "4" is revealed before the flap is lowered. The mole taxis out a while immediately out in front of Thunderbird 2's open flap. Alan waits patiently in the Thunderbird 2 control cabin, listening on the radio.

Scott:

Thunderbird 2 from Mole, commencing burrowing.

Alan:

F.A.B Scott.

Gordon sits at the controls of the Mole, with Scott and Virgil behind. Now, Gordon begins to activate the controls.

Scott:

Ok Gordon, let's go!

Gordon:

F.A.B!

The Mole is lifted as it points towards the ground, as the Pod vehicle begins spinning wildly, penetrating through the earth quickly.

Scott:

Mole to Penelope, we're on our way now!

Lady Penelope:

F.A.B Scott!

Parker:

Look m'lady! The readings are almost to the very tip!

Armageddon:

That means we're all going to be blown sky high! And International Rescue will die with us!

Lady Penelope:

What do all these readings mean exactly?

Agent Crichton:

Well the complex won't stand it...

Lady Penelope:

LOOK OUT!

The Armageddon swings at him, knocking him and his gun down! He then grabs out his other gun! BANG! Parker quickly fires at him, blowing the gun away out of his hand!

Parker:

Don't move mate! Your games are up!

Agent Crichton:

It really isn't my day, is it?

Armageddon:

None of us stand a chance! We are all going to be blown to kingdom come when everything explodes!

Agent Crichton:

Wait a minute, the pipes!

The Mole digs through underground quickly, Scott communicating to Gordon and Virgil instructions.

Scott:

Now Virgil, as soon as Gordon pulls up into the complex, we've got to get those three and the Armageddon. You'd better be armed in case he tries anything else.

His watch bleeps.

Lady Penelope:

Scott! Stop the Mole! You run into one of those pipes it will explode and take the complex with it!

Scott:

Gordon, stop the Mole!

Gordon stops the Mole, the engines winding down. The scanner showing the mole burying underground, a distance from Thunderbird 2 to the very end of the compound, including headquarters.

Show up all the pipes that go underneath the base.

Gordon programs the information and it displays. Networks of pipes running through, and hard to make out due to the high quantity.

Gordon:

And Penelope said that if we hit one of those it will explode.

Virgil:

Then Gordon you'll have to drive the Mole carefully around them.

Gordon:

F.A.B. I'll do my best.

Gordon begins again, sweat pouring off his brows. Scott contacts Alan via his watch.

Scott:

Alan, are the police standing ready outside?

Alan:

They are Scott.

Scott:

F.A.B.

The Mole rises, sinks, swerves left, swerves right - an uncomfortable ride to reach the complex.