Scene 17 - Central Control

Thunderbird 1 flies around the nearby area. Scott has still no word from Lady Penelope.

Scott:

I still haven't heard anything from Lady Penelope yet dad.

Jeff:

Right Scott. Be patient and wait for Virgil.

Lady Penelope:

Lady Penelope calling Scott, do you read me?

Scott:

Loud and clear Penelope! What's been going on down there.

Penelope communicates with her mirror, with a built-in radio.

Lady Penelope:

We have just been uncomfortably tied up I'm afraid Scott. Now the Armageddon is on his own in the control room, and we're going on and bring him down.

Scott:

F.A.B Lady Penelope.

KABOOM! KABOOM!

FATHER!

Jeff:

What now?

KABOOM! BANG! One of the gas tanks has exploded! The green cloud is being released across the base slowly.

Penelope, dad, one of the tanks has just exploded. And some of that gas is now being spread across the entire complex.

Lady Penelope:

Scott, the Armageddon released some of that gas into one of the chambers. It obviously wasn't safe after all.

Scott:

Well at the rate at how that gas is spreading there is no way we can get you out of there. Thunderbird 2, what is your E.T.A to the danger zone?

Virgil:

Be with you in five minutes Scott!

Scott:

F.A.B.

Brains:

Scott, can you get us ss...some images of the complex?

Scott:

Sure things Brains. I can't use the remote camera in case it damages that. I'll take some aerial photos from above.

The Armageddon watches Thunderbird 1 fly around the complex when the others are hiding in the next room.

Armageddon:

International Rescue! They must have followed me here!

Lady Penelope:

Stop right there Armageddon!

They point their guns at him from the corner, and then he dives for cover and starts shooting. BANG! The gunfight begins! BANG! BANG! Some of the controls have been hit by the bullets, and the controls then begin smoking and frying. BANG! BANG! BANG! RICOCHET! BANG! BANG! Agent Crichton shoots, but the Armageddon knocks his gun out of his hand, and is about to kill him! BANG! Lady Penelope jumps in, saving Agent Crichton's life and knocking his gun away before he puts his hands up.

Armageddon:

Ok. Ok. You've got me!

Agent Crichton:

Right, you, over there!

He picks up his gun again and the two corner, the Armageddon held at gunpoint facing him. Lady Penelope and Parker take over the situation.

Lady Penelope:

Ok Scott, we've got control.

Scott:

Good. I'm taking some aerial photos for Brains.

Thunderbird 1 hovers above the base, Scott has taken the photos of the gas spreading – and they are being sent to Brains' laboratory, as he carefully analyses them, Brainman waiting in the back.

Brains:

Hmmmm.

Tintin enters the lab.

Tintin:

Brains, Mr. Tracy would like to know what you make of the photos.

Brains:

Well, Tintin...