Scene 4 - The Deal

A massive power plant, hiding somewhere in the deepest reaches of Bodmin Moor. Gigantic white storage tanks scattered around the base, death symbols labelled across them. They are scattered around the huge complex, covered in a massive pit that is carefully hidden by a forest of trees and bushes, deep, deep in the moors. With pools of gloopy mud that sucks in the next victim, with strange, creepy fogs roaming around them. The time is now night. The lights have lit up across the base. And the HQ is situated directly in the centre of the entire base, perhaps the exact size of one of the tanks.

Somewhere at the top, the lights are bright for a shiny office room with shining furniture like the walls and the table, with pens neatly arranged in a pot for the writer. Two black chairs on each side with a lamp for the table. The windows view the toxic chambers of toxic gas and a few of the dark trees along the mysterious moors. The man at his desk is facing the other way, the wall and a picture of a fifty-year-old man, a businessman in a smart suit. Politely spoken, this man knows who to charm anyone, and get whatever he wants out of them. A call sounds from his desk. And the man spins around – the exact same man in the photo!

Chambers:

Mr. Armageddon?

Armageddon:

Armageddon speaking?

Chambers:

Mr. Avangard will see you now.

Armageddon:

Very well. Send him in. And make sure Mr. Crichton is here too.

Chambers:

Right, Mr. Armageddon.

The radio finishes as the others prepare to go to security to meet the boss. The Armageddon however is busy reading a file in his hands and is most unimpressed yet intrigued by it. As though it concerns something that he needs to act on immediately. The front doors slide open – Mr. Avangard, Mr. Chambers and Mr. Crichton enter like gentlemen. The Russian shakes hands whilst the other two stand at the door like guards.

Mr. Avangard:

The Armageddon! A pleasure to finally visit your complex and see your experiments in demonstration.

Armageddon:

Welcome Mr. Avangard. You will be our first buyer of our new products.

Mr. Avangard:

Good. And coming all this way from home was quite a trip, so I would of course like a little rest here if you have any sleeping accommodations here which I'm sure you do...

Armageddon:

You haven't flown from the other side of the planet just to tell me that you feel tired. Now, the deal.

Mr. Avangard:

Oh, yes. The deal.

Armageddon:

Just sign at the bottom of the paper.

Avangard is handed a pen and the paper is placed in front of him as he signs on the paper, before placing down the pen. The Armageddon then accurately places the pen back into position and the paper directly in front of him.

Mr. Avangard:

All signed Armageddon.

Armageddon:

Good. Now, seeing you are so worried about your sleep you'd better depart.

Mr. Avangard:

Very well. And my men at St. Alban's Head are ready to ship the supplies. At 11:00 we rendezvous?

Armageddon:

At 11:00. An early start tomorrow my friend. Sleep well. Mr. Chambers, escort Mr. Avangard to his accommodation.

Mr. Chambers:

Immediately Mr. Armageddon.

Armageddon:

And send those two gentlemen guarding my entrance to come in here a moment.

Mr. Chambers:

Yes sir. This way Mr. Avangard.

They then both leave. Now, there is an awkward silence for Crichton and the Armageddon.

Armageddon:

Feeling nervous, Mr. Crichton?

Mr. Crichton:

Sir?

Armageddon:

Come now, I know.

Mr. Crichton:

Know what Armageddon?

Armageddon:

We understand each other, don't we, Agent Crichton?

Mr. Crichton:

I'm afraid I do not understand sir.

Armageddon:

For a secret agent, you should really employ in better security when you leak information.

Mr. Crichton:

What are you getting at?

Armageddon:

I'm saying that you are a traitor, Crichton! A traitor!

The two stocky guards enter and restrain him.

Agent Crichton:

What makes you think I'm an agent?

Armageddon:

Your report here. Very informative and detailed for someone who wouldn't know about our plans. And the perfect evidence to condemn my operation!

Agent Crichton:

What do you want?

Armageddon:

Ah, now we understand each other. I want the final pieces of information that are not on your report. Such as who this information was to be sent to.

Agent Crichton:

You'll get nothing out of me. No matter how much you try.

Armageddon:

I don't have to try! Your friends I imagine will be tracking us down, a shame you didn't mention where we are based. Although they know about the arrangement, but... they will now be expected. Not that they can do all that much anyway. You should check the connection the next time you relay any secret information. Not that there will be a next time.

Agent Crichton:

And I can't wait to get started with these fellas.

Armageddon:

No. No you will not be tortured or beaten. You could help me in my latest experiment to test my new substances on the human skin.

Agent Crichton:

And let's get on with it shall we?

Armageddon:

Oh don't look so miserable. It is an honour to assist in the discoveries of science.

Agent Crichton:

You mean the end of the world.

Armageddon:

Take him to one of the empty chambers. And we shall flood it and see how it affects human tissue.