12

The next day...

I stand in my mirror without my shirt on and just look at the really dark purple bruises forming across my neck if you look closer you be able to hand mark. I grab my makeup and start doing what I normally did after he would hit me. The first time was 2 years ago, he hit me playfully then got too serious but it was an accident then it became every 3 weeks then he finally stopped a couple of weeks before Christmas break, then at the house party it started again slowly but if I didn't end it, would I be dead?

How could someone who is supposed to love you, harm you.

I was so into doing the whole thing. I didn't realise that my phone was ringing. I reached over to my bed and grabbed it. I see Ella's name pop up. I clicked the answer button and put it on the loudspeaker.

"Eve I cannot make it today with you to go see that doctor woman, Mom has to go to her course today" she says while giggling.

"Uh-huh thats fine," I said knowing shes lying.

"Eve have you got someone who can come with you since Luna and your dad is working?" she questions, "how about Henry?".

I stop what I am doing and just glare at the phone.

"Yeah I got someone else coming its fine honestly go with your MUM" i chuckle at her.

"Babes you are a babe" she chirps before ending the phone on me.

MUM means Men under mouth which is basically her cheating on Will.

I know I should tell Will but Will cheats on her too. It is a lovely thing to watch once they find out and start arguing in the middle of the cafeteria. One time she actually threw her tray at a girl for sleeping with Will.

Blood. Everywhere.

Once all my bruises are covered up. I find another turtleneck and chuck it on. I look around at the mess of my room from the day before and shudder. Roses was everywhere. They was all over my grey carpets and pressed into my gold bedding. My walls was dented from all the times we had fight and he had won. I shudder before heading out of the door. I go to the bus stop and wait for the bus since I relied on Henry, Ella or Kyle to take me everywhere.

But i refuse to go back to Henry
I refuse to talk to Kyle after yesterday because he will make me go to the police or the school.

------A little while later------------------------------

After getting off the bus, I went straight into the hospital and waited for my doctor. As I waited I looked around at all the pregnant women just herding in and out of the hospital. Some with babies, some without, some were crying and some was just blank. I just stared at them, imaging me rushing into the hospital just to give birth. I thought about who would be there to help me.

Henry or Kyle?

"Maniac isnt it" a womens voice whispers to me breaking me out of my thoughts

I look to my right and found a really pregnant woman looking at me. She was really beautiful. curly brown hair and familiar eyes like I knew them before. "Yea it is" I smiled at her. She held out her hand. "I am Beth Jacobs, how long are you?" she asks looking down at my non-existent bump. I shook her hand. "I am Evelyn Howards and I am unsure," I tell her looking down at my stomach,

"What about you?" I smile looking at her bump.

She places her hand on her stomach. "Almost 8 months now im so ready for my baby to be here" she reveals. I smile at her. She looks around then stares at me. "Is the babies dad here?" she questions me, I shake my head no. "Single mom," I tell her. She looks at me shocked.

"You are so brave, I couldn't do it without my husband but if I did I could rely on my brother to help me out" she overshares. I nod at her. She stares at me. "You look very familiar to me?" she says. I tilt my head, "Do i?". She nods.

"I can't place my finger on it" she whispers to herself. Before she can answer Dr.Yukoni comes out. "Miss Howards please follow me" she says loudly. I get up as quick as possible and follow her into her room. Soon as I enter the room she shuts the door behind me.

"Have a lie down on the bed please Evelyn and lower your trousers and raise your shirt?" she tells me before walking over to her desk. I did what she said and just laid there waiting for her. She looks over at me.

"No parents today?" she questions. I shake my head "in work"

"How about the baby's dad?" she questions with a frown.

"um i know what you are trying to do, but for your acknowledgement I am safe , my boyfriend is no longer in my life but I am unsure if he is the dad," I tell her. She looks at me shocked. "And yes my parents know" I lie.

She wheels herself over to me. "Do you know who the other candidate is?" she asks me with a blank face. I nod, "hes a friend of mine" I utter.

"Evelyn, in my opinion, you need to bring someone with you to appointments like these so you can have emotional support so next time bring someone even if it is your friend who may be the baby's dad" she quietly says.

She nods at me before grabbing a machine. "This is an ultrasound which will allow me to see how the baby is developing" she smiles at me before putting gloves on. "Have you been taking your medication?" she jumps in. I nod.

"Awesome" she chirps. She grabs some weird gel. "This is going to be a little cold right now okay" she warns me before putting the gel on my stomach. I shudder. She smiles at me then grabs the doppler thingy and starts moving it over my stomach. She stares at the machine then smiles. I glance at her then to the machine. "What's wrong?" I panic.

She shakes her head, "There is your baby". She turns the machine towards me and I gasp. There was a blob but it was evident that it is my baby. I felt tears rush down my face. "That is my baby?" I question more than state. Dr.Yukoni looks at me and nods.

"That is your child and by the looks of things shes okay and is growing normally," she says while pressing some buttons. She grabs some towels and wipes the gel away. "Your roughly 9 weeks give or take by the size so hopefully you can figure out who is the dad" she smiles. She presses another button then gets up out fo the chair. "I am going to print you some photos then I will give you another date to come back okay," she says.

"Okay" i say just staring at the screen. Before she leaves I glance at her. "Can you give me a couple" I ask almost crying. she nods at me.

She leaves the room and I just bawl.

"Thats my baby" I cry.